Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service Cost

mikes dad

Have my first proper service 20k, booked with my local toyota dealer , who doesnt give gold discount :censor: !

Shame as so many now do .

Anyone any idea of the cost .

I own an Avensis 1.8 .

I had my 20,000 mile service in November & quotes ranged from £115-£180!!

Shop around local dealerships.......prices can be very different!

I ended up paying £115. It's only as the 10,000 mile service, but they are supposed to check your A/C & filters, in addition.

I was in a dealership in Burton-on-Trent the weekend & they quoted £132 for my brothers 20,000 mile service.

Happy hunting!!

My last service cost me £160 over here in Bristol (in North Bristol/Patchway who also don't do a Gold discount :( ). This was for a '98 1.8 Avensis, but the cost shouldn't differ too much to a new Avensis.

Is there not a list on-line somewhere detailing all the Toyota garages who do accept Gold Membership? Would be mighty handy if there was or if someone could be bothered to knock one up. ;)

Cheekster.

Is there not a list on-line somewhere detailing all the Toyota garages who do accept Gold Membership? Would be mighty handy if there was or if someone could be bothered to knock one up. ;)

Cheekster.

There's a list on the Gold Members Forum (there are more than just Toyota dealers on the list/s as well).

I HAD to find out what was on that list so I went gold! As well as making savings I've heard you can get a warm fuzzy feeling from knowing you are supporting the club :P

I was in a dealership in Burton-on-Trent the weekend & they quoted £132 for my brothers 20,000 mile service.

Happy hunting!!

Inchcape toyota, theyre not too bad.. ask for the little guy with the moustache..

I spoke to the service manager ( Steve I think ), but yes, Super Mario was also there!

Parts dept were very helpful aswell.

haha yep super mario would be a good description.. he's the only one who knows his stuff i reckon.. he's well into his toyotas (i've even let him loose on my rare engined supra once or twice, an honoured privilidge :D )... the others are muppets.

Bought mine from Inchape in Burton, you thinking about the Buisiness manager (Super Mario!)? Mike Smith or summut :)

He insisted on giving me the full run down on his works christmas party, all the details including how he got ejected by a female bouncer :)

Rob

Na, Guy in the workshop!

He was really helpful when I wanted some info on Spark plug life.

Parts guy ( Martin I think ) gave me a good deal of his time when asked him for some quotes.

They certainly have improved since I bought mine last year. My problems were mainly with Sales dept anyway!!

as a postscript , service cost £179.88.

89p was for screenwash which I found interesting as I filled the bottle 10mins before I took the car in !

Thats about the going rate!

You can get it cheaper if you are prepared to shop around though!

. . . 89p was for screenwash which I found interesting as I filled the bottle 10mins before I took the car in !

Hmmmmm . . guess they would say that they 'tested' your washer jets (which used some of your liquid) then replaced it with 89p of screen wash. Bit annoying.

BTW - check your tyre pressures - Mr T will have done them as part of the service but chances are the tyres would probably have been hot and so inaccurate pressure reading obtained. Tyre pressure important on Avensis even 1 psi can be noticable.

BTW - check your tyre pressures - Mr T will have done them as part of the service but chances are the tyres would probably have been hot and so inaccurate pressure reading obtained. Tyre pressure important on Avensis even 1 psi can be noticable.

What pressure should the tyres be set to then? And is it therefore advisable to check them when the tyres are cold?

Thanks.

Cheekster.

What pressure should the tyres be set to then? And is it therefore advisable to check them when the tyres are cold?

Thanks.

Cheekster.

Tyre pressures quoted in owners manual are always for when the tyres are cold. Why they fit air lines at petrol stations is a mystery really.

I try and do mine in the morning when the car hasn't been driven all night but I guess as long as it has stood for an hour or so it should be OK.

The correct pressure should be shown in your hand book supplied with the car (usually towards the end of the book mixed in with tech data). The pressure varies depending on 3 variants:

1. How many people / load you usually carry in the car

2. The size of your tyres (different models of the same year can still have different sizes)

3. Speed you occasionally drive at (usually split as less or more than 100 MPH)

Also worth considering buying a digital pressure gauge (about £10 from Halfords / Woolworths etc.) as they are much more accurate and I have also got a small compressor for inflation which cost about £25 from places like Argos.

Hi There

I've always used Toyota Inchcape Oxford for servicing. 10K was £119.18, 20K was 210.29 (its a 2002 D4D Diesel). A touch on the expensive side, but when I checked the car over afterwards they had checked EVERYTHING, even down to Tyre pressures and a slightly stick back door lever (which I hadnt told them about !). They are approchable and friendly, and the coffee is pretty good to. How much do others pay for main dealer ? (and does anyone know of a workshop manual yet)

Cheers

Buzlby

• 3 months later...

Anyone enlighten me as to the main things checked in various different services i.e. 10k, 20k and 50k miles please?

Also how much is a 50k service likely to cost from likes of Inchcape Toyota, Oxford?

Ta.

Cheekster.

• 9 months later...

Update on service costs on my 2002 D4D Diesel

40K service at Inchcape Toyota Oxford £377.14 !. This included an early M.O.T, oil, brake, clutch and coolant fluids changed. Mind you labour was a massive £214.84 of the bill, so guess who's doing it next time (me)

Must say they also gave me a brand new Yaris (free) to play with while the car was being serviced - now that was a LOT of fun

!Removed! thing still refuses to break down, and as of yet nothing gone wrong - so different from my VW Golf

Cheers