Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Air Conditioning

j111dja

Hi all,

A new member and my first post.

I am in Glasgow and concidering purchasing a late 2007 model Auris 1.4 D4D T2 5 door and have a question. (I am particularly interested in acquiring a near new car with air conditioning). I thought the Auris would fit the bill and I was convinced all Auris models had A/C since first introduced. I note that the 1.4 D4D T2 I spotted at my local dealer had no air conditioning button in the usual place (ie. in the middle of the far right round knob on the console). The centre part of the knob was blank. Were there Auris models without A/C (maybe an imported Irish market model with different spec for example) or am I missing something? All help appreciated. Thanks.

Dave

Welcome to the forum brother! I also drive a 1.4 D-4D...

This is how my console looks, it's not my cars picture but they're same and it has automatic climate control for driver and front passenger. Both sides has their own climate control options:

toyota-auris-console.jpg

And this is the lower spec Auris console, with manual A/C.

report01-console.jpg

Other than these 2, there is not different console setup and even the least spec Auris has A/C.

Thanks for the response Toscane.

Mine has the console similar to the lower photograph but there is definately no A/C button on my proposed 1.4 D4D T2 purchase. I will add a photo after I conclude the purchase tomorrow morning.

Dave

Welcome to the forum brother! I also drive a 1.4 D-4D...

This is how my console looks, it's not my cars picture but they're same and it has automatic climate control for driver and front passenger. Both sides has their own climate control options:

toyota-auris-console.jpg

And this is the lower spec Auris console, with manual A/C.

report01-console.jpg

Other than these 2, there is not different console setup and even the least spec Auris has A/C.

• 4 weeks later...

An Irish base (Linea Terra) spec Auris doesn't have A/C, but it does have colour coded door handles and mirrors. I believe the UK spec T2 has black handles and mirrors.

In case anyone's interested here are the specs we get:

Terra: 15" steel wheels, 9 airbags, remote double locking, electric heated mirrors, front electric windows, colour coded mirrors, handles and bumpers (1.4 VVT-i or 1.4 D-4D)

Strata: adds 16" alloys and front fog lights (1.4 VVT-i or 1.4 D-4D)

Luna: adds Air conditioning (manual), rear electric windows, leather steering wheel, leather gear shifter, metallic finish on radio etc, upgraded seats. (1.4 VVT-i or 1.4 D-4D, 1.4 D-4D Multimode, 1.6 VVT-i Multimode, 2.0 D-4D 6 speed)

Sol: adds Dual climate, Sat Nav, rear armrest, auto lights and wipers (1.6 VVT-i Manual)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links