Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problem With Start/stop Button

Philip Stollman

Recently i've bought a corolla verso 2.0d-4d from 2005. Nice car but i've got a problem with the start/stop system.

When i put my key in the slot , put down the clutch pedal and press the start/stop button, the engine won't start!

The light in the start/stop button stays orange. After many tries the ligth turns green and finally i can start the engine.

Does anyone has had simular problems? If the answer is yes, what can be done about this problem?

Greetz,

Philip

Recently i've bought a corolla verso 2.0d-4d from 2005. Nice car but i've got a problem with the start/stop system.

When i put my key in the slot , put down the clutch pedal and press the start/stop button, the engine won't start!

The light in the start/stop button stays orange. After many tries the ligth turns green and finally i can start the engine.

Does anyone has had simular problems? If the answer is yes, what can be done about this problem?

Greetz,

Philip

Check first if it is the clutch pedal position switch. With the key in the slot and button pushed once I get orange. When I then push my clutch pedal down you can hear a click at near full travel and the light goes green. How about yours?

Feel a bit foolish to admit this but the same thing happened to me and I called out the garage. Mechanic moved the carpet that was preventing the clutch being fully depressed.

Button on my 08 Verso has 3 modes.

No clutch 1 push (orange light) = radio only

No clutch 2 pushes (orange light) = Electrics on, e.g. windows, climate control, etc

Clutch down (light green) 1 push = start engine

So like the others have said, no green light points to the car thinking the clutch is not down.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links