Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My First Accident

ZeroBlade

I'm ****** rite off...

like a muppet i ended up leaving Leeds as around 8:30 for Newcastle last nite. Not really my fault as pretty much every1 i knew wanted me to come c em b4 i left, so by the time i'd done the rounds...

oh and b4 u say/think nething i hadnt touched a single drop of the ambrosia ;)

neways it was nice on the a1 going north, not much traffic at all, bombing it dwn the outside lane, then all of a sudden a blizzard hit, and i did slow rite dwn. almost to crawl, was managing, then about 15miles out from darlington it happened...

there was a bend in the road(?) not really sure tbh, but as i was concentrating hard on where the guardrail was oncoming car blinded me w. it's full beams, and as luck would have it i didnt s the cats eyes cos of this, and somehow my tyres whent inbetween em (the cats eyes) so i didnt feel the bumps and hit the rail.

I managed to pull away quite quickly cos it didnt sound rite...

I've attached some pics i took w. my fone this morn.

I'm thinking of gettin the current wing bashed back into place and touched up w. a little paint.

Whaddya think, do this or get a new wing?

Fensport have one in stock for £60 but its passenger side not drivers side...

P.S. sorry for the long post, but i had to post!! :ffs:

post-38-1072963367.jpg

ouch, mind you could have been worse mate

should beable to get that sorted, take it down to a body shop & get a quote, if its more than a new wing dont bother...

also you should beable to find a wing at a breakers...

hope you get it sorted mate..

J

Yeh, i dont think it's too bad either...

Checked fensport & rogue, new wings only seem to be about £60, but i hav to figur paint on top of that.

I'll try scrappies / breakers first and try and get one the same colour first tho.

On a side note had my very first experience of the 2 in snow, this was when i'd finally made it into the city. Man i had to stop on a hill cos of traffic, and was stuck for ages tryin to get the car to go again, tyres just kept spinning.

I found that dumping the clutch to give it a little nudge worked, as did angling the car at a slight angle.

gonna make another post about tips for driving in the snow, i could use em!

What annoys me is that i didnt do it speeding, i was driving slow as owt!

'spose thats a gud thing else the damage woulda been worse. gotta hit a few scrappies 2moro, try and find my colour car. I SO wish it was black, would have been a doddle to colour code. :(

Oh and in the 2nd pic i musta caught my indicators in a bad light, the "fried egg" effect looks awful!

-Z

Thing was it wasnt cos the road was slippy or nething, just that i couldnt c nething, then them full beams made it worse cos the light reflects of all the snowflakes and it was literally like a white sheet had been put infront of me, couldnt c nething what-so-ever!

As for driving, technically it'l hav been a yr 2moro, (well 2day now - the 2nd of jan),

but in truth add another yr or so onto that...

-Z

Phew! When I read your title I thought it was yet another unfortunate major incident!. Thats not too bad at all m8. Regardless it is of course bad luck but it couldve been far far worse eh? Good luck in you repairs dude it shouldnt be difficult :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear that fella .. what is it about '2s and winter. People like going off road .. should have bought a land cruiser ..

Touch wood, mine had made another Xmas .. only about 1000 miles over the 2 weeks .. from Reading to Leeds and back, with plenty of trips inbetween ..

Sorry to hear that fella .. what is it about '2s and winter. People like going off road .. should have bought a land cruiser ..

Touch wood, mine had made another Xmas .. only about 1000 miles over the 2 weeks .. from Reading to Leeds and back, with plenty of trips inbetween ..

Luckily, Cardiff way we dont get much snow.

However there are still those treacherous icy mornings to watch out for :blink: