Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Extended Warranty - Advice Please :)

cariad

Hi - I'm wondering if anyone would be kind enough to give me some advice.

Toyota have recently sent me a letter offering me an extended warranty - for the princely sum of £325 for the year. I can't decide whether to take them up on this, and wondered what anyone else would do in this position/have you encountered any major problems since and wished you'd taken it...? :)

Just to let you know some specifics:

Aygo Sport MMT

Approx 11,000 miles (pretty low for a 55 plate I know!)

Used mainly for nipping about town - the odd trip away and some motorway/out of town driving - but generally doesn't see very heavy use

No major problems with the car - standard boot catch issue & had to have MMT software re-booted or something when I bought it (second hand a couple of years ago - car hadn't been used for some months which was thought to be the problem, no problems since)

No plans to sell the car this year at least!

With the price of petrol, insurance and just about everything going up these days, like many of us I'm not exactly rolling in it - but if it's likely to save me in the long run then obviously I'd prefer to give the warranty a go.

Any help and advice greatly appreciated - thanks :)

Two schools of thought apply

Stick £325 in the bank and use the money if you needed to replace anything

OR

Buy the policy. The Toyota extended car warranties are extentions to the manufacturers warranty and is not subject to hundreds of exclusions like a lot of used car warranties. If you want peace of mind buy the policy, if you are prepared to take a small risk, put the money in the bank...........but dont spend the money on a holiday :D:

Kingo :thumbsup:

I too have been wondering whether to take it out but i think i will as i'd rather pay the sum up front and know it;s done rather than leaving it in the bank where i am likely touch it and spend it on things i don't really need .

:)

Does the warrenty include cars that cover more than 30k?

I think so ... i'll dig my paper work out and let you know :thumbsup:

Does the warrenty include cars that cover more than 30k?

Looking at my paper work , they offer two types : unlimited mileage and 10,000 miles ... it also says :

" all vechiles must have less than 100,000 miles when the extended warranty is taken out . For Drivers who will exceed 60,000 with the 3 year manufactors warrenty period, purchasing within this period will provide immediate cover and further peace of mind motoring "

Not sure if that answers your question

My question is ... my car is 3 years old in september ... if i take extended warrarnty out now , does the car class as being under 3 or 3-7 years? I know it sounds silly but i've had information overload today and am struggling with the most simplest of tasks

we took out the extended warranty - you can specify the date you want it to start so it isn't from the day of purchase (but bviously no gaps after the old one runs out). we also got some money off as well so call your dealer and see if they will offer a discount.

Toyota have recently sent me a letter offering me an extended warranty - for the princely sum of £325 for the year. I can't decide whether to take them up on this, and wondered what anyone else would do in this position/have you encountered any major problems since and wished you'd taken it...? :)

Aygo Sport MMT

Used mainly for nipping about town - the odd trip away and some motorway/out of town driving - but generally doesn't see very heavy use

No major problems with the car - standard boot catch issue & had to have MMT software re-booted or something when I bought it (second hand a couple of years ago - car hadn't been used for some months which was thought to be the problem, no problems since)

With the price of petrol, insurance and just about everything going up these days, like many of us I'm not exactly rolling in it - but if it's likely to save me in the long run then obviously I'd prefer to give the warranty a go.

Does it cover the clutch, mine has failed today :angry: They want over £500 for the job.

Aygo Sport MMT

Does it cover the clutch, mine has failed today :angry: They want over £500 for the job.

i think that they cover it if it fails due to a mechancial fault but if its due to wear and tear then no ... im not sure though so don't quote me lol

Sorry to read of your clutch trouble , but surely it must be covered by warranty unless your car has done more than 30000miles or the centre plate has worn out due to "riding" ,or slipping the clutch excessively.

How did it "fail", sounds like it was sudden, so gradual wear and tear wouldn't cause that.

£500 seems too much anyway.