Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Re- Balanced

jerry phipps

Hi everyone

Checked out my front tyres and they were right on the 1mm you could say. So i decided to invest in a new set. I went for a bigger size and make. Falken 512 195/50/15. Got 4 at a good price £150 all in. Got it balanced and drove off and the steering wheel started to vibrate at 60 mph dam :ffs:

Took it back and they done it again :o So they re-balanced the wheels again. Same thing happened again this time 65 mph.One of the guys told me that they had the same problem with another yaris t sport. What they recommend to take it along to a Toyota dealer and let them balance it and they would refund the money difference.

Took it to Toyota and they said that these guys weren't even close. Drove down the road in it and it was spot on. Not surprised after charging £36 to balance 2 front wheels :o Good old Toyota at least they can do something right :lol:

jerry!!

post-49-1072992294.jpg

i wouldnt say its a thing only toyota can do

its more a case of whether they are crap at doing it

so whoever did it the first and second times is no good or their machine is out of calibration, while a much better tyre man and possibly machine would have been at toyota!

been there loads of times meslef mate, when i first had the 17's fitted the place i bought them from ballsed the balance up a treat! but a friend of mine who works for AA tyre fit and another guy i know who has his own tyre shop did em bang on!

luck of the draw

:thumbsup:

Still get problems with mine, maybe I should try Toyota... <_< They'd proberly just tell me it was because of the 17's tho.

Mine where balanced by the local tyre supplier, and they where fine. Although they wouldnt do the tracking. Had to goto to toyota dealer for that who did it for free anyway.

Jerry there is a few wheels coming through that are 'egged', its very hard to spot but this could be your problem, altho I have only seen it on the new celica but its got to be worth a check. :thumbsup:

hi jerry

nice to see iam not the only one with balacing problems..

i see u have put 195/50/15 along with surinder i assume you have them on the standard alloys is there a certain rim width what the call it j6.5 or do the take j7 i think thats what it is called or dose that not matter as i went to kwikfit and they told me that i need the alloys from the SR as they are for 195.50.15 and have a wider width alloy. hope this make sence.

as for taking it to the dealer mine tryed 8 times and still could'nt get it right.

ta

No the width of the wheel should be ok there not alot of differance between 6.5j and 7j

really it just depend's on the bloke doing it and if he know's what he's doing and can set the machine up right :bookworm:

Hi everyone

Great just got my money back from the re-balancing job done by Toyota :thumbsup: They where really shocked that Toyota where able to do it just like that and they where asking me how they done it. They wanted to have a look at my car but i was in the wife's motor.

Perhaps it might have been that they have just had there machine re calibrated and it wasn't right? Or they where blanging it? Who knows? All I'm glad about is that i have got my money back and it's all sorted :P

Here's there web site if anyone's interested in there shop. It's a really good car modifying shop. Shame that they cant do balancing properly :o

http://www.r-tecautodesign.com/

jerry!!

good ol r-tec

its not the first quarm ive heard about them tho!

I had lots of problems getting rid of vibration through the steering wheel on mine. Turned out to be the tyres (Avon ZV-1s) at fault - now got Dunlops and it seems to be OK (so far so good - touch wood!)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links