Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1993 Toyota Trueno 4afe-overheating!

2rueno

hae all i really need help!!! i have a 1993 toyota trueno sprinter/levin with a 4-afe in it. Its done 237 ks and is a gr8 car...apart from the fact it overheats!!! :( i had the head taken off and planed, new headgasket, new headbolts etc put all back 2geather couple of days ago n it still isnt right :angry: :angry: its so bad u can here the water boiling in the head!!! so checked the thermostat and tried it with no thermostat and yup u guessed it it over heated!!! im about to check the water pump but i have noticed that there is white foam when radiator cap is off and engine running i have tried topping it up but the water level goes back down :unsure: there is a sticker saying the radiator has been serviced at sometime in its life... Please what is the problem with my car any help would be much appreciated

after the car has been running a while, do you get any hot air when you put the heater blower on?

it could well be the water pump, or an air lock!

however it does sound like the symptons of a headgasket failure!

after the car has been running a while, do you get any hot air when you put the heater blower on?

it could well be the water pump, or an air lock!

however it does sound like the symptons of a headgasket failure!

yup plenty of hot air comes out.The headgasket has just been replaced couple daes ago along with the head being skim planed. checkde thermostat drove it without it and it still overeaheated. Theres no water in the oil etc. as for the water pump took it off 2dae and clean as a whistle. can be driven for bowt 30 ks if im lucky n then thats it gets 2 hot n i dont wana blow it. fan kicks in when it should etc. when i start it cold there is alot of condenstation and white mist coming out. and notice that when engine runs and u have radiator there air bubbles,and white scum/foam coming up if i fill it up the water level goes down.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links