Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bent Exhaust

kangzy

hi guys,

i have little problem .. after geting my custom exhaust for compressor iv notice now that it weiring to one side... its not that obvious but knowing its dere is really annoying me.

this was never the case when i first got it done but i think some where down the line something must of been dislogded. iv check all the robber clips holding them in please and none of them seem to be broken

iv been to a few places to try re-aline it but they said they wouldnt touch it since they werent the ppl who fitted it.

the place i got it from was in basildon which is quite a way away and i really havent got the time to go down dere.

so my question is how easy isit to re aline an exhaust systems? and any suggestion on how to do it? or any companies that will do it for cheap???

i was thiinking of bending the metal rod attached to the back box which in turn attached to the rubber clip holding it in place.. but the metal rod is absolutely solid... and i cant get enuf leverage since its in an awkward position. ANY tools or advice that would help me bend this rod?

all suggestions welcome

thnx shaun

hi mate, has it always been "to the side" since fitted? if so then id take it back and have them refit it as they should of got it right first

time round.

your best bet for bending the bracket would be to heat it up first.

also try to pinch the rubber mountings together to see if it moves the exhaust. they could be worn causing the exhaust to sagg. it would be better if you had a picture mate. anyway hope you get it sorted :thumbsup:

hi guys,

i have little problem .. after geting my custom exhaust for compressor iv notice now that it weiring to one side... its not that obvious but knowing its dere is really annoying me.

this was never the case when i first got it done but i think some where down the line something must of been dislogded. iv check all the robber clips holding them in please and none of them seem to be broken

iv been to a few places to try re-aline it but they said they wouldnt touch it since they werent the ppl who fitted it.

the place i got it from was in basildon which is quite a way away and i really havent got the time to go down dere.

so my question is how easy isit to re aline an exhaust systems? and any suggestion on how to do it? or any companies that will do it for cheap???

i was thiinking of bending the metal rod attached to the back box which in turn attached to the rubber clip holding it in place.. but the metal rod is absolutely solid... and i cant get enuf leverage since its in an awkward position. ANY tools or advice that would help me bend this rod?

all suggestions welcome

thnx shaun

Hi m8, where did u get ur custom exhaust in basildon? i Dont suppose u got it from Hayward and Scott did u? if not where else is there in Basildon that do custom exhausts? ive been meaning to take pics of my car after getting my custom exhaust, but havnt had the time and my car is filthy rite now, so i promise ill clean it and take some pics for next week

some place called extreme exhausts.. i think it was recommended to me by a friend.

anyways i had enuf of messing around trying to do it myself.. goin back down to the place today to get it re alined.. so fingers crossed!

thanks for the help tho

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links