Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Tyre Pressures Should I Use.....

CraigT

Since swapping my stock 15's for 17's I have been unsure what tyre pressures I should be using.

I have asked this question before but then the forum went down and I never made a note of the answers some of you lad's gave :rolleyes:

I do a 15 min driver to work down a motorway and back every day and the rest is just casual 'about town' usage.

What kind of pressures so you peeps recommend?

I'm a 31 fronts and 34 rears kinda guy ..

But that is cause I like a firm ride .. ;) but I'm always changing them .. every time I add a few psi here and drop a few there .. just trying to get it feeling good ..

I did go as far as running 20psi on my old 16's, but that was due to rubbish tyres and wanting a bigger tyre footprint ..

I'm a 31 fronts and 34 rears kinda guy ..

But that is cause I like a firm ride .. ;) but I'm always changing them .. every time I add a few psi here and drop a few there .. just trying to get it feeling good ..

I did go as far as running 20psi on my old 16's, but that was due to rubbish tyres and wanting a bigger tyre footprint ..

Thanks for the info.

Will using higher or lower tyre pressures have a major effect on the amount of tyre wear etc?

If you stay in the 30-35 range it should be okay .. if you go less the outside wear quick (cornering and the like), higher and the centres go quicker ..

Best to check your tyres grip every month and adjust the pressures (if the out sides are wearing more than the inners - up the pressure)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links