Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Righto Opinion Time...

Paul Gi

Alloy Wheel Choice  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What would you get?

• ROTA Auto X (re-spray lip to Blue)
    • ROTA GT3's in Blue with polished lip
    • ROTA Grid (re-sprayed completely blue or blue lip)

Been messing on Rare Rims Virtual Fitting Bay bit and looking at various options on fitting alloys to my beloved Aygo and have narrowed it down to the following: -

AygowithAuto-XRims.jpg

ROTA Auto X with Red Lip (although would get someone decent to re-spray it blue)

AygowithGT3Wheels.jpg

ROTA GT3 Wheels in Blue as per website (but red on the virtual bay for demo purposes)

AygowithGridWheels.jpg

ROTA Grid Wheels (again either completely re-sprayed in blue or with Blue lip)

What do you guys think? I personally think the GT3's in blue would look immense but the only that's kinda putting me off is that it's 16" so possibly it'll be easier to kerb and/or compromise ride comfort...

hmm I seem to be on my own here but I like the middle one, although in all fairness I couldnt look directly at it for very long as it was a 5 door and was hurting my eyes :P

:lol:

SJx

I'm rather partial to the top set as that is the design I have on the Aygo SC. Would definitely get the rims painted to match the car colour though.

The standard blue colour of the middle option is too dark for the ice blue of your car

As for the third option, they're a great design but I wouldn't completely colour the wheel - that would be too much.

I should state that the car i used in the pics above was nicked from Google Images - my car's silver as its the Platinum model...

I was thinking a Silver car with blue contrasts maybe?

Now my decision has gotten a little bit harder - as i see these two just a wee while ago: -

This: -

gt3_black_red_lip_angle-425x425.jpg

Or this (which I'm HEAVILY leaning towards): -

gt3_black_blue_lip_angle-425x425.jpg

sweet. they are better quality images and portray the wheel much better, however if you have a silver car you hould get one with a silver edge?

Now my decision has gotten a little bit harder - as i see these two just a wee while ago: -

This: -

gt3_black_red_lip_angle-425x425.jpg

Or this (which I'm HEAVILY leaning towards): -

gt3_black_blue_lip_angle-425x425.jpg

I think that the red would look quite nice against the silver personally , just something different like ... As Badboy said , could you not get them in silver ?

Just to add I saw a black corsa with the red ones on tonight and it looked really cool. What Offset are those because if the wheel sticks out further than the body of the car then it is illegal.

im having red rota gt3s on my platinum :D gonna look sweeeet!

i would personally go for the blue or the last pic...

however the Limited edition candy red rota's are AWESOME!

I have to say i don't understand these sort of flash wheels. I'm all for upgrading to better wheels, but they should always compliment the design of the car and look (dare i say it) like they left the factory with them.

My last car had a set of OZ Superleggeras on (my favourite wheel), and even these didn't look right. The first thing i did was paint the centre caps black and put Volvo logos on them to blend them into the car!

All my opinion of course ;)

So for my silver Aygo Platinum we're agreeing that if i did get a set of GT3's it would be the following: -

gt3_black_polished_lip-425x425.jpg

The reason i went for the one's with the blue lip or blue with polished lip because i was going to replace all the interior light bulbs to blue LED's like i did with my previous Almera (and it looked sweet :D )

Also the wheels I'm looking for will be no bigger in size than 15"

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links