Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Honda Accord Type R

tsporttinny

Got a mate who owns a W reg silver Honda Accord Type R lovely car got a 2.2 engine with no mods. just wondered everytime the pub we argue whether mine is the fastest 0-60 we both disagree. He wont be tempted in to proving it. Anyway been on lets torque about bhp and they are pretty close. Please settle the arguement fellow T-sporters whos is the faster car ?? (ie no mods on either car) ??

Cheers.

Karl :thumbsup:

Got a mate who owns a W reg silver Honda Accord Type R lovely car got a 2.2 engine with no mods. just wondered everytime the pub we argue whether mine is the fastest 0-60 we both disagree. He wont be tempted in to proving it. Anyway been on lets torque about bhp and they are pretty close. Please settle the arguement fellow T-sporters whos is the faster car ?? (ie no mods on either car) ??

Cheers.

10% More Power but 10% More Weight, that would be a close race! It would be down to the driver i think provided both cars were in equal mechanical condition.

However having driven both, i would have to say the Accord because its got a better Clutch/Gearbox!

Sorry All :(

Shall i prep the fire extinguisher :blowup::lol:

id say the accord type r would be faster :( someone i work with has one and they are really quick. also have massive top end.

My mate has a TS and his brother has a Accord type R, im sure he told me the TS was about the same.

I would have thought the TS would have been quicker, i have a Clio Trophy and in a straight line the TS is about the same, the Trophy does pull away but not loads, the same thing against the Accord in my Trophy and i pull away alot faster than i do against the TS.

I wouldnt expect there to be a lot of difference, the accord possibly marginally quicker...absolutely cracking cars though..i remember testing driving one years ago and i wanted it sooo much, no chance though due to insurance...

Tell you one thing though, they are a far better handling car than the t-sport and sounds fantastic on VTEC..

I WANT ONE NOW!! :angry::angry: Was very tempted by an Accord Type-S newer model when getting the t-sport...the thought of fuelling a 2.4 put me off it though..

I wouldnt expect there to be a lot of difference, the accord possibly marginally quicker...absolutely cracking cars though..i remember testing driving one years ago and i wanted it sooo much, no chance though due to insurance...

Tell you one thing though, they are a far better handling car than the t-sport and sounds fantastic on VTEC..

I WANT ONE NOW!! :angry::angry: Was very tempted by an Accord Type-S newer model when getting the t-sport...the thought of fuelling a 2.4 put me off it though..

Got to say the accords do handle well with the LSD, and the do sound awsome, my mate had a typhoon on his and the sound was quality on the VTEC.

If your talking in a straight line from a standing start then it would be down to who gets the best start, but i think rolling in 2nd gear at about 20mph the TS may just have the edge, once upto high speeds the accord would take the lead.

Like i already said my mates TS from a rolling start in 2nd is just the same as my Trophy, once i change into 3rd i would say the Trophy is slightly quicker but not lots.

Compare that with the same test against the accord and i pulled away quite a bit in 2nd gear.

Anyway they are all awsome cars, get yourself down to a drag strip and prove him wrong!

The accords are powerful, Even the normal 1.8s and 2.0 were very quick as standard saloons and hatchbacks. The Type R definitely pulls alot and its suprising as the accords are bigger cars and heavier but they do move swift. Very smooth aswell.

The current 2.4 Accord is rubbish, its doesn't have a full fat VTEC system like it Type-R's do or the same feeling of lift the CTS has, 187 BHP from 2.4 ltr - Says it all!

You get a bit of pull between 7-8,000 RPM and thats it, not a lot of difference between the 2.0.

Cheers.

Both rev hungry cars, they say an accord type r screams like i 'banshee' when accelerating, it has a quotes about of 7.1 seconds to 60 i think and about 210bhp, but its abigger car,i'd prob have to say tht the accord would win this one, but not by a large margin.

so this acord type r yas are talking about, is it a DC5 or are they different ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links