Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sparkplugs...

Titto

Right,

Went to get some platinum plugs but the guide at Halfords says that a '92 mr2 needs different ones....Can i just ignore this and get the platinum ones???

Also, how do i know if my car has the Cat or not? any pictures????

Im asking because i've noticed that the NGK ones state for use with Cats etc...what would the implications be if my car does have a cat - i fit these platinum plugs, then remove the cat when i get my magnex exhaust????

HELLLLPPPPPP!!!!!!!

(if it helps, its an N/A import made september '92)

I can't see why it makes any difference whether you have a CAT or not!?

Don't take much notice of the Halfords guide as it's for UK cars.

Just take the advice from here of what are the best brand/model plug and get these for your car.

Titta doesnt matter if your car has a cat or not. The Halfords guide is a joke but as a reference go for the same spark plugs as a Toyota Celica GT of the same year as your car. (itll have the same 3sge engine). My Mr2 Turbo takes NGK Platinums BKR6EP-8. I got mine from a local retailer..he didnt have the 96 mr2 Turbo in the books BUT I told him to refer to the GT4 and yes.. they are the same plugs. Its the same for an NA celica of your year m8 so use that as reference if you have trouble.

Halfords are pretty worrying as they gave me the wrong plugs initially. Thier database is totally cocked up and they dont have a clue.

I phoned Fensport and asked for "a grade colder than stock, for a '92 MR2 Turbo" and they posted 'em to me ..

Cheers, thanks lads i'll sort it tomorrow hopefully.

Ordered the rubber seals for around the drivers side (all around) earlier from toyota - i've got terrible wind noise!!! Hopefully this should dull it down a bit - will update as soon as its fitted, should be tuesday / wednesday time.

Adam

Cheers, thanks lads i'll sort it tomorrow hopefully.

Ordered the rubber seals for around the drivers side (all around) earlier from toyota - i've got terrible wind noise!!! Hopefully this should dull it down a bit - will update as soon as its fitted, should be tuesday / wednesday time.

Adam

Did you mean the window seals ?? All around the window and tbar. Also the bit on the tbar ?( dunno if you have a tbar)

Expensive huh ?? I replaced all my seals a month or so back.

One thing tho.... it won't stop the wind noise mate. The noise could be coming from behind your tweeter at the mirror. This is a known issue.

I still get windnoise after replacing my seals and using eccentric rod guides to get the fit as best as possible. SO it's prob coming form the mirror.. just to lazy to take it apart and stuff it with foam etc.

Buy new seals if yours are old and naff. Also if you can't resolve a leeking issue... but not because you get wind noise. Try looking in the tweeter area first.

There's a guide on the IMOC site if I remember correctly.

Also.. are you fitting them yourself ?? Don't get toyota to do it as they tried to charge me £370 to replace all the seals !! I got my local jap place to do it for £60.

Has anyone else had trouble with this wind noise issue - and if so, what have you done to sort it out??

It's usually from the mirrors .. fill 'em with foam to stop the sound ..