Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is There Any Such Thing.........

CraigT

Is there any such thing as a chip for an n/a MR2?

If so what kind of performance gain are you looking at and what kind of costs are we taking about?

Also are these difficult to fit?

I would assume so mate... such a thing as a Unichip.

Although I think the gains wouldn't be as great as they would be on a Turbo. May be wrong tho.

BHP gains are pretty weak(about3-5bhp) cos you have an NA. The difference you will feel is in the overall throttle response and in th fuel economy. Not worth the £350 odd quid plus fittin and rolling road setup costs.

Its only barely worth gettin a chip for an NA if your intent on keeping the car for quite a while in my opinion. I would personally not bother and instead go for a AFC unit like the one from Apex'i. Roughly same results , looks super sweet on your dash board (blue display looks well cool), you can toggle about with different settings AND if you sell the car you can transplant the unit over no probs to your next vehicle AND sell it on no probs if you have no use for it anymore(they are always in demand by all NA boys).

er, no dastek unichip on a rev2 (start point 154 bhp) plus exhaust and filter has dyno proof of 198bhp if you mod the car via, exhaust, filter cams etc then dastek it you'll see a good improvement.

things like superchips are <if my vocabulary was any smaller, it would be nearly as small as my genitals>s though

Yea I was refering to the ICON thingy. The dastek unit is really good but id still go for a Apex'i AFC on an NA. Its the cost I wouldnt be able to justify. I want a lotta toy factor for that money and ye gotta admit the AFC is a hella fun thing to have.

Whats this AFC unit? any pics and details??? Also, do these chips / air filters / exhausts affect fuel consumption alot???

Cheers

ADam

Just type Apexi AFC into a search engine an loads info will appear. And yes chips / air filters / exhausts if done correctly make the car more efficient .

To increase the power/torque of a NA engine is very difficult to do with chiptuning.

Most of the time you can only get about 7- 10% gain, which is sometimes difficult to measure.

Devices like the Apexi S-AFC, and HKS F-Con are probably a better choice, since it give more options to fine-tune your car such that it fits your driving style most. It will also give a comparable gain as chiptuning.

turbo cars are different. You can just increase turbo boost and only this can gain 10 - 30% more power ( and often a bigger turbo lag).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links