Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ipod Integration Kit Problem

JohnB1965

Hello! Since this morning I have not been able to get my Corolla Verso Sol Pac (bought new 2007) to recognize my 5th generation iPod. The iPod's screen showed the Toyota logo, but I could not control the iPod from neither the sat nav screen nor the wheel. When I clicked "disk" it said "no disk" or something similar. And when I tried a few hours later, not even the Toyota screen appeared. The car does charge the iPod's Battery though. I have always taken great care when I removed the iPod from the plug, so it seems like a software error in the Toyota.

Has anybody experienced anything similar? I have had no previous problems with the kit or my iPod.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions before I take the car to the dealer.

John Botofte

Brussels

Or a software error in the iPod...? Has iTunes updated it recently? Do you have access to another iPod you can test with?

Or a software error in the iPod...? Has iTunes updated it recently? Do you have access to another iPod you can test with?

I just solved the problem. Toyota is the obvious culprit though. I found advice about another iPod kit for the Toyota with the same sudden lack of recognition and the solution was to completely uncharge the iPod. This worked and my Corolla once again recognizes the iPod. I guess the integration kit is quite basic. But if anyone has a technical explanation, I would love to hear it.

John

I might also have worked to just perform a reset on your ipod by doing the following:

Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)

Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 8 seconds. You may need to repeat this step

I had a similar problem on a kit not recognising my ipod and this solved it.

Cheers

Chris

I might also have worked to just perform a reset on your ipod by doing the following:

Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)

Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 8 seconds. You may need to repeat this step

I had a similar problem on a kit not recognising my ipod and this solved it.

Cheers

Chris

I did try that too, but it did not have any effect. Only when it was completely uncharged, did Toyota recognize it. That is why I am certain it is Toyota's fault.

Kind regards

John

New to Toyota ownership, so this is my first contribution here.

Ipods are notoriously glitch-ridden, and attaching one to a car's electrical system probably accentuates the tendency. I've seen something similar twice with mine (Ipod Classic 80GB in a 2008 Verso); each time I think it was associated with a voltage blip when starting or stopping the engine. The first time, I could still hear the disk spinning inside the Ipod; the second it was silent but equally unresponsive to the Apple reset procedure cited above. Still, each time, setting the Ipod aside to discharge fully (24h or so) was enough for it to revive the next time I plugged it in.

I like the freedom from carrying CDs but I do find the playlist system cumbersome. How do other users here organize theirs?

• 4 weeks later...

hello John Botofte,

I have an Auris integrated with Ipod kit and it is stucking my ipod classic 160GB as you wrote. It is sometimes resetable or sometimes i wait until it discharge itself; after it is discharged ipod is working. I tried to find what causes this fault and i think it is caused by voltage drips of xenon kit. Do you also have xenon kit ?

Serhan