Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Zaaro's Aygo

Zaaro

Bought a new SLR camera this weekend so thought I would finally take some pics of my Aygo. Not entirely satisfied with the quality of the pictures but i'm still playing with the settings, any advice would be much appreciated :)

Here they are anyway:

aygo1.jpg

aygo2.jpg

aygo3.jpg

aygo4.jpg

aygo5a.jpg

aygo6.jpg

aygo7.jpg

Still need to tint the windows and add the Aygo club sticker, yet to decide where to put it.

Awesome pics there. Never seen such high quality pics of the Aygo before B) What make of camera is it, as I want one :lol:

Nice pics, just dry off the foam/water drips before shooting pics next time :D

Nice pics, just dry off the foam/water drips before shooting pics next time :D

ty

meh, gives it some character :P

You've left your reg number on one of them.

Nice pics, if I get around to cleaning mine I'll have a go at a few photos.

Yea, exactly what I thought! has been brilliant so far, how long you had yours? Found the best settings for indoor photo's at all? Seem to be nearly there with outside pics but not indoor.

Nice spot matt, have sorted that now. Any ideas why people actually remove there reg plate from photo's? I just do it because the majority of others do. Guessing its got something to do with people creating fake plates?

Great pics you've got there :thumbsup:! Must go and take some decent ones of mine .. i always feel i have to rush them as i get funny looks from the neighbours ... as for the reg isssue ... i usually forget and leave it on .. i dont know why people do it ... surely seeing your car reg on the road is that same as online ? .. i dunno lol

Yea, exactly what I thought! has been brilliant so far, how long you had yours? Found the best settings for indoor photo's at all? Seem to be nearly there with outside pics but not indoor.

You might find the best solution is to get 'Photoshop Elements 6' and adjust the lighting balance from there. As long as you get good quality data from the original picture you'd be suprised what you can do to fix a picture.

as for the reg isssue ... i usually forget and leave it on .. i dont know why people do it ... surely seeing your car reg on the road is that same as online ? .. i dunno lol

I guess it just makes it easier for someone to clone your car, they can just type the make and model of car into google or flickr's search and out pops a selection of vehicles to choose from. As with most crime it's hard to make it impossible but a few steps making it a little harder mean they are likely to pick an easier target.

You might find the best solution is to get 'Photoshop Elements 6' and adjust the lighting balance from there. As long as you get good quality data from the original picture you'd be suprised what you can do to fix a picture.

With my Canon DSLR I shoot everything in RAW format and then use Adobe Lightroom for any final adjustments.

I have one of them...............................good camera for the price :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info. Am really tempted to get one now :) Alot of digital cam pics I've seen are 'grainy', even with 8 megapixels, but that cam has none of it! One more question, can it do widescreen type shots easily? If it can, I'm getting it for sure B)

With my Canon DSLR I shoot everything in RAW fomat and then use Adobe Lightroom for any final adjustments.

Cor blimey.... what would the file size be in RAW format :unsure:

I have a 350D and have not used that format as yet :o

They seem to be around 7.5 to 8Mbyte each, I get about 50 odd photos on my 512Mbyte card in the camera, it's definitely the format to use if you are going to post process with something like photoshop, lightroom or aperture.

Stand further back and use a bit of zoom to help reduce some of the chromatic aberration you can see (blue fringes at the edges of the pictures on high contrast boundaries).

Paul.

Nice car Zaaro :) clean example

I just finished washing mine but cant be assed photo-ing it!

Ok I will give that a go, Im currently shooting in JPEG as its the default, guessing this doesnt give much to play with in photoshop?

I have one of them...............................good camera for the price :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info. Am really tempted to get one now :) Alot of digital cam pics I've seen are 'grainy', even with 8 megapixels, but that cam has none of it! One more question, can it do widescreen type shots easily? If it can, I'm getting it for sure B)

Im not sure about the widescreen shots, havnt fully got to grips with the different settings yet, best to ask Red Yaris 54

Stand further back and use a bit of zoom to help reduce some of the chromatic aberration you can see (blue fringes at the edges of the pictures on high contrast boundaries).

Paul.

Ok thanks, will give that a go :)

Nice car Zaaro :) clean example

I just finished washing mine but cant be assed photo-ing it!

Anyone happen to have any suggestions other than tinting the back windows?

Dont wanna over do it :P

For most photo users JPEG will produce good enough results, just make sure you set the options to the highest res and the finest image.

Once you have that highres image PhotoShop, PhotoShop Elements or Lightroom will all be able to play around with the photos. It's worth visiting the Adobe website (www.adobe.com) as they have trial versions of most of their software, you will probably find Elements does most of what you need and it's fairly cheap (PhotoShop £500, PhotoShop Elements £70, Lightroom £180).

Another thing to do with your camera to get better results is to turn off digital zoom, all that does is blow up a small image to fill the screen (optical zoom is fine). If you do want to zoom in you are better off doing it in software on your PC that you have control of, or just moving closer to the object.

As mentioned in another post above, if possible, leave a space around the object your are photographing and crop that off later in software. As you get to the edge of the lens the distortions get worse.

Don't bother about getting a camera that takes widescreen shots as its very unlikely it will do anything other than crop the top/bottom and then do a digital zoom to get the widescreen effect, you are much better off doing this in software. Also if your camera has special effects you are best to turn those off and add them to the image in software, the results will be much better and you can undo anything you don't like.

Finally, buy some spare memory cards so you don't have to worry about filling them up to quick, the 2gb and 4gb cards are fairly cheap online now.

Thanks for the info gordon!

I'll have to look into turning the digital zoom off and turn all the settings to max.

Also been wanting to take pics of the centre object focused and things in the bg blurred/unfocused, am I right in saying I need to increase the size of the aperture to achieve this? or do I need to tweak other settings aswell?

Thanks again

Also been wanting to take pics of the centre object focused and things in the bg blurred/unfocused, am I right in saying I need to increase the size of the aperture to achieve this? or do I need to tweak other settings aswell?

If you make the aperture as large as possible, you will reduce the depth of field. This will change the focus of things depending on the distance they are away from the camera.

You may not notice a huge difference (as usually we try to avoid this effect), though, with a small lens.

Paul.

• 9 months later...

Said I would put up some new pics soon as ive not long fitted the new front skirts! Finally got around to putting the pics on my laptop only to find out my camera had reset itself before I took them and that they are all 640x480 so dont look amazing :/

Glad I found out now though rather than before any other pics where taken

Here's 1 showing the skirts, hopefully take some more asap!

aygo_skirts1.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links