Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting St215 Engine Into 185?

flyingtele

Hi there,

does anyone know if the st 215 caldina 3sgte bolt straight into a st185? it just looks a bit different with the throtlle body mounted on the side of the intake mainfold instead of the middle. I am thinking of putting one into my st185. the caldiina motor is a gen 3 motor isn't it?

Hi there,

does anyone know if the st 215 caldina 3sgte bolt straight into a st185? it just looks a bit different with the throtlle body mounted on the side of the intake mainfold instead of the middle. I am thinking of putting one into my st185. the caldiina motor is a gen 3 motor isn't it?

Should do effectively it's the same as the rev 3 motor, difference are has the side intake manifold and cop ignition and a few other bit's but block should be the same...

the main problem is the electronics, apparently there is a few electronic issues regarding modifications, toyota tried to keep these engines standard

the main problem is the electronics, apparently there is a few electronic issues regarding modifications, toyota tried to keep these engines standard

the engine comes with complete wiring loom and ecu and other bits, so I presume it should be pretty straight

• 2 weeks later...

the engine comes with complete wiring loom and ecu and other bits, so I presume it should be pretty straight

We swapped a 3SFE engine and stuck in a 3SGTE to my RAV4. At the moment, we are doing a second RAV4 with the same conversion. Its the same block but obviously the 3SGTE is a turbo - and we've used MR2 turbo donor cars using the ecu; loom etc as well. From what you have, I'd guess its a pretty straightforward swap in comparison. This way, we use the sensors and all. The Garage did use the uprated MR2 fuel pump as well. (The MR2 donor cars were all 3SGTE imports).

You might want to check your exhaust layout while yer at it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links