Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

People Who Put Huge Alloys + Low Pro Tyres On 4x4's

cabcurtains

Sitting in my 308 today at a supermarket having my dinner i watched a footballers wife ram her Ranger Rover up the kerb so hard it put a dent in the 22" Alloy on the N/S/F and a lovely egg in the tyre, not surprising as the car was running on 35 profile tyres really.

It just got me wondering do these people have any idea what that does to the car i.e the tyre explodes and you crash + when it snows i doubt it will be as good as when it had its original wheels & tyres. I have a strong idea they have no idea :lol:

Oh yeah i did mention it to Mrs Footballer, she didn't seem to concerned!

I too saw a RR the other day with low profile tyres.... what a stupid looking car :wacko:

I seem to recall some numpty called David Beckham with a 4x4 being configured in the same way.... silly overpaid idiot :yes:

I was going to put bigger profile tyres on my Hilux! Mainly for function but I think they look better too!

(Top gear polar hilux anyone? 40something inch tyres on 15" rims!)

Lets be honest most people that buy a 4x4 in and around the UK how many people will look to take thier cars off road to "harsher" terrain"?

most people like the luxuries thata big car like the RR offers and to many its a "status symbol".. "look at me i drive a big car"... and those who put bigger alloys on are looking to boost thiers egos even more and rarely think of the consequences and the purpose of a 4x4

i must admit some of them look pretty good with alloys

Probably not many that live in London... but there are other people in the UK that don't live in concrete jungles!

When was the last time you genuinely saw a Range Rover go off-road? Off Road in a RR nowadays mean mounting the kerb!

When was the last time you genuinely saw a Range Rover go off-road? Off Road in a RR nowadays mean mounting the kerb!

The day before yesterday as it happens!

I know a guy with a RR Sport with them kahn wheels - not a fan myself, I havent had the heart to tell him he looks like a right khan't while driving it!

A footballers wife is capable of destroying any car and not care...... Its like an hours/minutes pay for their bf/husband to replace them.

Stephen Ireland - Manchester City :huh:

Stephen%20Ireland%20Range%20Rover.jpg

:sick:

Enough said :lol:

Whats the world coming to when a chump like that can buy a car like that and then wreck it!

I doubt that Hero Marine who has just got the George Cross will driving a car like that.

Whats the world coming to when a chump like that can buy a car like that and then wreck it!

I doubt that Hero Marine who has just got the George Cross will driving a car like that.

I expect that the hero marine has enough taste to never be seen in anything that hideous

I use a 1/2 mile long dirt track every day each time I go out/home as it saves me 20 minutes each way compared to the traffic way. It's a very bumpy track with lots of sharp hardcore to do tyres in, hence my hilux :)

I see quite a few range rovers on it blasting along, I have also seen 3 cars smash there sump in so oil goes every where in last 10 months, one was a Honda S2000!

I know a guy with a RR Sport with them kahn wheels - not a fan myself, I havent had the heart to tell him he looks like a right khan't while driving it!

A footballers wife is capable of destroying any car and not care...... Its like an hours/minutes pay for their bf/husband to replace them.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

2006-Project-Kahn-Range-Rover-Sport.jpg

Generally known as "parking" to these people. Then, once they've spent about five minutes holding everybody up while they shuffle the damn thing back and forth into place, they leave it so far away from the kerb that they need to phone for a taxi to take them to the pavement.

Im reading this post and thinking what the point

We dont live in a regulated enough society so lets introduce more rules and regulations of what type of cars people can drive and what type of wheels and tyres they can fit to them?

And while we are there lets make some new rules about how much footballers can get paid

that's gotta be helpfull

Me I live in a very rural Scotland in a tiny village with no shops. I have fields on all four sides of my house and see a high number of off road vehicles off road or on very bumpy roads every day, and one of them has very nice alloys on the range rover. When is is going off road all day he swaps his wheels. He does this mostly for fun, but its his money so.....

Me I would rather see the football players get the money than the suited shareholders anyday

Chatman that pic of the range rover is lush and I would have that in a minute if I could afford it and the fuel to put in it.

Im reading this post and thinking what the point

We dont live in a regulated enough society so lets introduce more rules and regulations of what type of cars people can drive and what type of wheels and tyres they can fit to them?

And while we are there lets make some new rules about how much footballers can get paid

that's gotta be helpfull

Me I live in a very rural Scotland in a tiny village with no shops. I have fields on all four sides of my house and see a high number of off road vehicles off road or on very bumpy roads every day, and one of them has very nice alloys on the range rover. When is is going off road all day he swaps his wheels. He does this mostly for fun, but its his money so.....

Me I would rather see the football players get the money than the suited shareholders anyday

Chatman that pic of the range rover is lush and I would have that in a minute if I could afford it and the fuel to put in it.

Yeh, but they're in the RR's natural environment, where it can gambol and frolic as nature intended! ;o) There's a bunch of nutters around where I live that have snorkels up the sides of their 4x4s and they're always plastered in mud up to the windscreen :thumbsup:. But as you say, at the end of the day, it's their cash, if they want to buy rims that they're only going to wreck on kerbs and potholes, more fool them. Time to open a 4x4 rim shop in Central London.

But then, I'd rather see doctors and nurses being given more cash and footballers less but that's another thread. Seriously, when you've got enough cash to pay for horrendously stupid wheels (and some of them are) for a horrendously pointless (in a city) and expensive vehicle (or a fleet thereof) you are simply earning too much dough. Buy a frickin' Learjet and take lessons.

I dont take offence to anybody owning a 4x4 if they use it properly - otherwise whats the point? Its like having a sports car and not thrashing the crap out of it - also pointless, i saw a prime example of a stupid person driving a 4x4 the other day - me and rob went for a bike ride and were on our way down a dirt track with a few potholes in it - ahead of us was a woman in a land rover going about 2mph avoiding all the potholes! :blink: Why???? Your driving an off-roader you dumb cow!

Then she pulled over to let us past :lol: She got owned by a couple of cyclists! How pathetic! :ban:

Ok Tegan you have a point

As on ancient person of almost 40 years I must say that an RR is a Rolls Royce..not a Range Rover

As on ancient person of almost 40 years I must say that an RR is a Rolls Royce..not a Range Rover

Lol I'm glad someone else has said that!!!

To me RR has always been Rolls Royce!

Lol I'm glad someone else has said that!!!

To me RR has always been Rolls Royce!

Me too! I was trying to figure out which rolls royce was an off-roader :rolleyes: :P

I saw an Audi... Q6? is it? I dunno. The Bloomin' big 4x4 thing anyway with 22"s on today. Sat in a car-park at a garden center.

Then some women got out with 2 young kids. :rolleyes:

I just find it funny how their responce is always "It gives me a greater view and is 300% time safer for my kids at in the back if I have an accident"

It's not bloody safer for the 2 kids in the back of the Ford Fiesta you've just squashed! >_>

I'm all for 4x4 if they're used for Off-roading / Farming / Towing heavy.....things.....and the like! I just think they shouldn't be allowed on the main roads without some sort of permit, or something.

~End mini-rant.

P.S - No offense to any TOC members! (Runs, Quickly...)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links