Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis For Sale Or Swap

SMW

Avensis saloon 1.8 CDX manual May 2001 UK car (Y plate).

Dark metallic blue with contrasting full grey leather interior.

FTSH and 9 months tax.

2 owners from new and just turned 40 000 miles.

Spec includes:

alloys, climate control air con, electric windows/sunroof/mirrors, 6 multi CD, ABS, tinted glass, fog lights, rear headrests, remote locking, alarm and satellite navigation (with 2002 CD).

PM for photos.

Will consider swap or p/x with / for Gen 6 Celica.

OIRO £7700.

Hi

How much do you want for the avensis :D

Looking for close to £7700. I've turned down £7300 from a bloke at work as I'm not in a great rush.

:thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

I think you should take the offer of £7300 as the price is falling all the time.

Whatcar reckon £6500 from a dealer, probably due to it being a 1.8 manual makes it less desirable in 'luxury' spec.

My local Toyota dealer has an X reg 2.0 CDX for £6995 with only 26k on it, so £7300 is a good offer.

My local Toyota dealer has an X reg 2.0 CDX for £6995 with only 26k on it

Which dealer is this ?

I've had a look at the stock lists of the dealers in Derby / Notts etc. can't find anything near what you are saying.

Think you've misread the spec.

I meant in the Inchcape group (my local dealers are part of that group), that particular one is at Inchcape Burton.

Yeah you misread it mate.

It is an X plate CDX (red though !) but it's £7495

Burton Stock List

Mines a year newer and better colour and is the preferred 1.8 - although I accept that I have more miles.

Think I'll hold out a bit longer.

Yeah you misread it mate.

It is an X plate CDX (red though !) but it's £7495

Burton Stock List

Mines a year newer and better colour and is the preferred 1.8 - although I accept that I have more miles.

Think I'll hold out a bit longer.

Your looking at it on Toyota's website which doesnt get updated as often, i'm looking on Inchcapes own website so it's been reduced - they do fall in value all the time.

Your colour may be a bit more desirable but I would have thought that the engine and mileage difference would counter-act it.

At Inchcape 2.0 ones tend to be worth about £200 more than the equivalent 1.8, probably due to things like you get Climate rather than just A/C on the 2.0 ones etc.

They have another one, green hatch X reg with 26k on it for £7595, so although that is nearer the price you want for yours, it is still from a Toyota dealer.

I would re-consider the £7300, Avensis' do depreciate just like most other cars, and every month that goes on, you can lose another £100.

Yeah I know what you're saying but I'm not in a rush - I just fancy a change. I'll give it a couple of weeks and if still no takers I'll accept the £7300.

BTW - my 1.8 has climate.

:thumbsup:

i've just bought a 2002 avensis vvti SR eclipse black manual same spec as the gls/cdx with auto climate /vsc/ ew x4/ rear spoiler/Traction control/Remote audio controls on steering wheel..ect .....40k with ftsh motorway miles

but no leather....£7200

is this a good deal???

Yep that's not bad, the facelift Avensis seem to depreciate quicker than the pre-facelift ones, but the 2.0 facelift ones seem to be quite strong price wise, 1.8 GS's tend to be very cheap as they are everywhere, but 2.0, Diesels, Autos or special spec like GLS/CDX/SR etc tend to be quite good on residuals.

i've just bought a 2002 avensis vvti SR eclipse black manual same spec as the gls/cdx with auto climate /vsc/ ew x4/ rear spoiler/Traction control/Remote audio controls on steering wheel..ect .....40k with ftsh motorway miles

but no leather....£7200

is this a good deal???

I think this sounds about right from a main dealer - a bit over if you bought it privately / independant dealer.

Black is the best colour for SR.

Also I think you get traction on SR which isn't on any other model (waits to be corrected . . . )