Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thank God My New Phone Is On Its Way!

Jimlad

I've been using this heap of poo for about 3 weeks....

M151-2182.jpg

Now I've got this thing on it's way in the post! ....

se-c902-00.jpg

Yay!! The motorola has to be the worst phone ever! lol. It's so bad, it's good!! Even my first nokia was miles better!

My misses used to have a very similar MOTO to that one.. Was pretty poor... lol.

I have one of these.

nokia-n95-8gb-combo.jpg

I have one of these.

nokia-n95-8gb-combo.jpg

Snap!!

They look like phones to me.... good grief it never ceases to amaze me as to the fashion snobbery involved where mobile phones are concerned :o

I have had both Nokia and Motorola phones and they both make and receive calls.... I am not label or manufacturer sensitive :huh:

They look like phones to me.... good grief it never ceases to amaze me as to the fashion snobbery involved where mobile phones are concerned :o

I have had both Nokia and Motorola phones and they both make and receive calls.... I am not label or manufacturer sensitive :huh:

You usually get what you pay for, if you want it to use for phonecalls get a cheap & nasty 1, if you want added features spend a few quid to get them

I am happy to say I am not label or manufacturer sensitive, I choose phones that I like the look of and that suit my needs, regardless of price as I only have phones on contract. :)

M151-2182.jpg

se-c902-00.jpg

Yay!! The motorola has to be the worst phone ever! lol. It's so bad, it's good!! Even my first nokia was miles better!

Nice.. but absolutely massive!

I wanted an iPod but needed a new phone so mines

iphone-3g-announce.jpg

Haven't listened to the radio in ages and love it :)

Let me know how that one goes, I was going to get it, but because you had tp pay to get it on the contract, and the camera isn't as good as the k850i (apparently) I just got a k850i. Very impressed with it. I had a Samsung U600 before, but wasn't a massive fan, it was okay, but the main reason I like the k850i is because it takes good pictures in the dark with a proper flash.

I got the c902 yesteray Jimlad, cracking phone, and I hated Sony Ericssons but love this one. Good camera, great music player and mine came with a free 8gb card!

Are there any phones that make you enter a PIN to ulnlock the keys? I can't believe the only way to lock a phone is to turn it off. The last phone I had that did this was a Siemens about 10 years ago, now the keylock function just stops some buttons working and can be deactivated by anyone. Even with keylock on you can still use the 9 and 1 keys for emergency services which seems crazy.

I'm using a trusty Sony Ericsson K800i. Still in mint condition and pretty much does what I need in a phone i.e. make and receive calls.

Also still got a classic Motorola V3 black.

Not really into getting the latest greatest mobile as long as a phone works.

M151-2182.jpg

se-c902-00.jpg

massive? are we talking about the same phone moff? its not massive at all, and is really thin

Are there any phones that make you enter a PIN to ulnlock the keys? I can't believe the only way to lock a phone is to turn it off. The last phone I had that did this was a Siemens about 10 years ago, now the keylock function just stops some buttons working and can be deactivated by anyone. Even with keylock on you can still use the 9 and 1 keys for emergency services which seems crazy.

The 9 only works if you quickly press it 3 times in succession, if you leave for a couple of seconds between presses it doesn't register as a 999 call. If your phone is in your pocket the chances of that happening are slim so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

That said, a mate of mine has some kind of lock on his phone where the idea is you need to enter a code to be able to do anything (I got around it to check a number somehow when I was absolutely blitzed once though, he asked me how I'd done it & I never had a clue), maybe something you could get something similar

I'm oldschool, I have the classic phone that is the black V3.

motorola-v3-g.jpg

Its the only phone that works 100% with my car kit, still looks decent, doesn't crash, fits in your pocket and if it gets damaged/stolen I won't be gutted as they cost about 5p!

While the iPhone is completely awesome (I had the old one) its too fragile and prone to get robbed for my liking.

M151-2182.jpg

se-c902-00.jpg

massive? are we talking about the same phone moff? its not massive at all, and is really thin

Massive? I've got a SGH-G800 and it's well chunky. Camera's crap too!

I had a N95 ... don't rate it at all.

A big pile of !Removed!! lol

It's the most popular phone at the moment and I have no issues with mine!

You usually get what you pay for, if you want it to use for phonecalls get a cheap & nasty 1, if you want added features spend a few quid to get them

I'm sorry Kev but that comment made me smile "cheap and nasty".... I buy a phone to make and receive calls, they might be cheap but I do not consider them nasty if they provide such functions.

Please tell me honestly.... do you ever snigger if someone pulls a £10 Nokia out of their pocket when it rings? If so I suggest you are a phone snob ;) :rolleyes:

As for additional features.... I really don't care if it can take 3 or 5 megapixel photos, I don't care if it can browse the web, I don't want it to make the tea.... I have other electronic items that do these for me far better than any phone can ;)

I'm sorry Kev but that comment made me smile "cheap and nasty".... I buy a phone to make and receive calls, they might be cheap but I do not consider them nasty if they provide such functions.

Please tell me honestly.... do you ever snigger if someone pulls a £10 Nokia out of their pocket when it rings? If so I suggest you are a phone snob ;) :rolleyes:

As for additional features.... I really don't care if it can take 3 or 5 megapixel photos, I don't care if it can browse the web, I don't want it to make the tea.... I have other electronic items that do these for me far better than any phone can ;)

That's a fair point but in my defence I was drunk when I posted that. What I was trying to say is that if you want a phone to use as a camera & mp3 player etc you'll have to pay decent money for the privelege but if you just want 1 to make & receive phonecalls you might as well save yourself a few quid & buy a basic 1 without the features for very little money.

As for snobbery, that's not me, I literally couldn't care less what phone (if any) someone else has got. I got an expensive 1 for Christmas once because it meant I could listen to the radio when I was bussing it everywhere. By the time I got my Yaris it was old & cheap to buy but the previous owner of the Yaris just so happened to have had the same 1 so I kept it for over 2 years more before eventually replacing it with a Nokia N73 because I was told I could install Sat Nav on it. That's the way it's stayed since then & if you asked a "phone snob" what they thought of that they'd laugh their balls off

Fair dos Kev :thumbsup:

But I must now be honest with you and say that I tend to stick with 'basic' as I rarely have success at complicated electronic gadgets :crybaby:

I totally agree. I have a Nokia which does phone calls, takes photos which are passable when sent to my computer, sends & receives e-mails. I dropped it down the loo, fished it out, & found it was doing odd things. Stripped it, put it in Hot press & went to the Vodafone shop & bought an identical one. I dropped the new one into the same place (Loo) :rolleyes::oops: Did the same cure, having put my sim card into the 1st one, which has been working perfectly for the past year now :thumbsup: . It is getting tatty & worn now, but I have the 2nd waiting to take over+ I am now entitled to a free update. :clap: Cheap & nasty ? I don't think so :no:

I totally agree. I have a Nokia which does phone calls, takes photos which are passable when sent to my computer, sends & receives e-mails. I dropped it down the loo, fished it out, & found it was doing odd things. Stripped it, put it in Hot press & went to the Vodafone shop & bought an identical one. I dropped the new one into the same place (Loo) :rolleyes::oops: Did the same cure, having put my sim card into the 1st one, which has been working perfectly for the past year now :thumbsup: . It is getting tatty & worn now, but I have the 2nd waiting to take over+ I am now entitled to a free update. :clap: Cheap & nasty ? I don't think so :no:

It's weird because I've found that usually cheap, rugged items take more abuse than expensive, posh ones. My phone was worth a few quid when it was new though & I've been really impressed by it's ability to avoid death, I've lost count of the amount of times I've thrown it across the room when it's been ringing & I'm on the other line, it's really heavy too so it should have gone a long time ago.

The funniest incident was in Nuremberg. I was away with the lads for the 1st time to watch Everton & there was thousands of blues in the square screaming Everton songs at the top of our voices while getting hammered & there was a load of footballs being booted/thrown about. I was standing there with nearly a full pint in 1 hand & my phone in the other videoing the action when a footy wacked my hand, I dropped my pint & phone at the same time, picked it up & it was soaked in booze & dead. Luckily enough though, I dried it as much as I could & put it in my pocket & then tried it a few hours later & it was ok. Just wish it caught the moment of impact on the video, it would have looked hilarious

I'm another one that sticks to the cheap stuff, although I try not to skimp on features. Saying that, my first 3310 was 100 quid... That was indestructible mind. Since then, I've stuck to the cheap obscure stuff. I had an Emblaze Touch 7 which was 40 quid, and just recently, I got a chinese iPhone ripoff called the Desay M888:

cppda-005.jpg

Has a couple of silly features, like it comes with a game controller to play NES and Gameboy games (it has an emulator built in), but for 48 quid, I think it's a bargain.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links