Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What's The Difference

pauldbs

:unsure: i know this might sound stupit but apart from the engine,gearbox,bonnet and front bumper can anybody tell me what's the differance between st202 and a st205, i know st205 is 4 wheeled drive with a turbo and a st202 a 2 wheeled drive without turbo and could parts off a st205 fit a st 202

As you correctly pointed out there are some obvious differences. The 4 main ones are, Turbo (+ associated systems), Drivetrain, Suspension and Brakes. There are obviously many more differences but they are mostly due to the 4 above.

However, the majority of the car is the same and many of the components are interchangeable. Did you have any in mind?

As you correctly pointed out there are some obvious differences. The 4 main ones are, Turbo (+ associated systems), Drivetrain, Suspension and Brakes. There are obviously many more differences but they are mostly due to the 4 above.

However, the majority of the car is the same and many of the components are interchangeable. Did you have any in mind?

Apologies but can i get in on this thread with a question?

I'm interested in brakes. They look sooo good on the GT4 and wondered if you could fit them to the GT? Also, i dunno if its just me but the GT4's wheel base seems a touch wider than a GT am i right??

Apologies again, don't mean to crash the thread.

no problem gt driver , i basicly want to know the same question about would gt4 brakes on a gt plus suspention , strut braces font and rear,etc .etc

With regard to the front, I think the difficulty will vary depending on exactly which 202 you have.

IIRC some have the superstrut suspension as fitted to the 205 and some don't. But either way I think the whole reason behind superstrut was that the design brief was to create a multi-link suspension that would have exactly the same mounting points as the regular suspension.

Bear in mind that although it's a great suspension, critical parts do wear and there's a good chance that any second hand GT4 suspensions you find could be suffering from figure 8 problems.

With regard to the rear, note that this is an area which does vary between the two models. The boot floor on the GT4s is considerably higher to accommodate the rear diff and for this reason many components in that area of the car (fuel tank, exhaust etc, etc) are different to the components on the 202 and are not interchangeable AFIK. I believe there has been one case of a 202 being converted to 4WD but I would imagine it cost a fortune.

Couldn't say for certain on the brakes and suspension. As already said, some of the JDM 202s have the super strut late SS-II and SS-III I think. I can't imagine these models being drastically different so I don't see why they couldn't fit with a a few other components changed.

The brakes physically won't fit under stock rims but I'd assume you will plan to change these anyway.

Front strut brace is identical.

Rear strut is a straight forward bolt on and I would recommend this in the top 5mods on any ST202.

Wheel base is the same AFAIK.

thanks for all you replying to my question but there are more products out there for the st205 and as the body shapes the same so i thought i would ask as a queery i do wan't to put new brakes , plus front and rear stut bars .

t600 i should have said im sorry i have a st202 convertable jap inport

Convertibles are actually very different, especially towards the rear. These are based on the American sedan Celica (ie not liftback). The rear strut almost certainly wouldn't fit unfortunately. Like all verts, the chassis will be beefed up to compensate from the loss of stiffness gained by the roof.

thanks for all you replying to my question but there are more products out there for the st205 and as the body shapes the same so i thought i would ask as a queery i do wan't to put new brakes , plus front and rear stut bars .

t600 i should have said im sorry i have a st202 convertable jap inport

front struts same but rear ii think cusco do one for yours

• 2 weeks later...

the st205 and st202 front strut brace are DIFFERENT the st202 wont fit the st205 as engine is in the way, unless you customized it, the st205 brace will fit an st202 but only as it is slightly higher.

many rumours of the wings being aluminium on WRC gt4 but i think thats all pants, had the chat before about the front fenders and they are the same, not sure why no one has thought of putting fibre glass vented st202 fenders on a gt4 yet????? i know the fitment is slightly different but it cant be that hard to modify fibre glass :s

plus i always wonderd about the fuel tank, i spose thats why you can dual exhaust the st202 and not the st205.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links