Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where Is The Dvd Player

kummeling

Hi,

I recently bought a Landcruiser with the touch-screen dvd navigation player. Is it possible for me to play dvd movies on this system, and if so, where can I find the dvd player?? I spent an hour looking for it, and I understand of course that the dvd's are not to be inserted in the 6-cd changer system. Thanks in advance!

G.k.

Hi,

I have had a look for mine and found it under the drivers seat.

I don't know if it will play dvd movis though. I have made investigations about this but have come up blank. My idea was to find someone who knew about the screen to find out what the signal type is and what the connections are.

When I found these out, make a small switching unit and cable in the new dvd player that I would have to buy. They are quite cheap now.

Please reply if you have any further information cos I am still interested. I'll reply if I find out more.

Regards

Bear

stewybear-

I have a '01 LC w/ the touch screen and my CD/DVD changer is in the arm rest storage. I found out that ours will play DVD's but only when the car is parked and the engine off.

Luckily, we bought ours used and someone had already installed a DVD player for the rear seats.

Now, I'm actually trying to find info online that will allow a way around the front DVD, so that it can be viewed when the car is running.

hope this helps... :D

and if anyone finds any info like I'm searching for, please reply.

Thanks-

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

I recently bought a Landcruiser with the touch-screen dvd navigation player. Is it possible for me to play dvd movies on this system, and if so, where can I find the dvd player?? I spent an hour looking for it, and I understand of course that the dvd's are not to be inserted in the 6-cd changer system. Thanks in advance!

G.k.

Hi G.K

did you find any info on this ?

I am interested too.

Thanks

Chris

• 1 month later...

I have a 2004 Landcruiser with the Navigation/dvd player. You can only play DVD if your are parked with the emergency brake must be engaged. The DVD in goes in the DVD/CD player located in the center arm rest (it can play DVD's) I hope this helps.