Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mmt/clutch Problems

Microfrost

Hi everyone,

I've been having problems with my aygo and have just got back from a engineer drive at the service centre. I've been having two problems. Clutch burning in reverse and the MMT is easy mode holding on to the wrong gear.

The clutch always burns at moderate or aggressive acceleration in reverse but often with a regular slow reverse. At the centre I could get this to happen at moderate and aggressive speeds. After looking quickly at the car there answer was its a small car and come back in 2 to 4 weeks if it still persists.

The MMT error couldn't be replicated and know error codes were logged in the computer but he did say if it’s doing what I say it is there definitely a problem as I can do 60mph with the MMT holding onto 2nd gear in easy mode at the rev limit. It doesn’t happen daily but a few times a week.

Have anyone else had any problems like this and any ideas how I can persist to get it fixed. I've only had the car from brand new a few weeks.

Many thanks

In MMT 'E' Mode do you just put your foot down and let the gearbox change itself?

If so try lifting your foot off the accelerator when u feel the car pushing for the next gear (this is one thing I love about the MMT, having more control of the gear change even in fully auto mode)

If you already do the above then I have no idea :(

Clutch sounds like its point when not being used is not correct and therefore the clutch is slightly down all the time.

Just seen at the bottom youve only had it brand new for a few weeks.

When you say 'service centre' i take it you mean Toyota? If not take it straight back to Toyota and get them to fix it, considering how new it is they cannot say no. That and the fact its still covered by a 3 year warranty anyway.

Hope all gets sorted

In MMT 'E' Mode do you just put your foot down and let the gearbox change itself?

If so try lifting your foot off the accelerator when u feel the car pushing for the next gear (this is one thing I love about the MMT, having more control of the gear change even in fully auto mode)

If you already do the above then I have no idea :(

Clutch sounds like its point when not being used is not correct and therefore the clutch is slightly down all the time.

Just seen at the bottom youve only had it brand new for a few weeks.

When you say 'service centre' i take it you mean Toyota? If not take it straight back to Toyota and get them to fix it, considering how new it is they cannot say no. That and the fact its still covered by a 3 year warranty anyway.

Hope all gets sorted

Thanks for your reply Zaaro. Yeah its toyota I took it too so was looked at under warranty. I do drive the mmt as above. The enginer agreed that if it was behaving as I discribed then it was not right but was not much they could do without seeing the problem or an error code. The clutch is odd because sometimes I could gently reverse into a parking space and the clutch smells of burning. They have noted in on the system and everything but I really want it sorted before it becomes a real issue.

They said if I take it back in a few weeks they can keep it for a couple of days to drive it a few times to hopefully incounter the problem.

was gonna say they should sort it regardless whether it shows an error code or not and should be doing it asap aswell.

Sounds to me like they cant be bothered/trying to fob you off

Sounds like you might have a problem.

Monday driving up along hill, it had selected third gear and was at 3500rpm, the clutch started to slip slightly so altering the accelerater slightly up and down in a half second sequence (not enough for it change gear up or down though) for approxamately 10seconds, making it worse until 3beeps coming from the dashboard in quick succcession could be heard. Repeated this about three times, next stop the garage.

At the garage they looked at it they said they could smell the clutch burning and the three beeps were a clutch temperatue warning sensor (can't find this in the handbook)

The car has now done 59,000miles though have suspected a fault for the last 10,000miles (first was still engaged at about 3mph when on the brakes so there was a light kangaroo effect occasionally when coming to a halt).

Clutch lasted on the last car 'til shut of it at 170,000miles, and the one before had for 140,000k miles, has slightly soured the experience but still like the car, tried for some goodwill from Peugeot but all that was received was a gallic shrug and the blanket excuse it's a Peugeot what do you expect?

Have also always noticed a clutch burning smell when parking the car in a tight space on a hill, also it stays in second at 10mph and the revs rise slightly sometimes (typically when taking a tight left turn).

Sorry to be of no help but I just thought I'd share my experience, good luck! :thumbsup:

If anyone knows of clutch kit prices I would be interested though I have now already ordered one.