Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Transplant

corolla17

hi guys

is it possible to put a bigger engine (1.8-2.0l) into a 95 corolla sportif as it has only got a 1.3 and is embarisen me on the race scene.

thanx in advance

there is a wide range of engines that'll fit in the rolla.

from the 1.3 4E-FTE starlet turbo to the 3S-GTE from the GT4/MR2

all depends on budget and skills if you are doing the swap yourself

there is a wide range of engines that'll fit in the rolla.

from the 1.3 4E-FTE starlet turbo to the 3S-GTE from the GT4/MR2

all depends on budget and skills if you are doing the swap yourself

hi thanks 4 the info but what wud i need all together to complete the transplant. e.g. manifold gear box etc.

there is no simply swap job conversion. choose which engine you're wanting to convert to and then the parts list can be drawn up as it's different for every conversion.

hi guys

is it possible to put a bigger engine (1.8-2.0l) into a 95 corolla sportif as it has only got a 1.3 and is embarisen me on the race scene.

thanx in advance

there's a couple of motors on eBay at the mo - a 20 valver and a 4agze. both these will drop straight in without modding mounts but you will need to see if they are supplying the loom box and manifold. there's a lot of possibilities to choose from 1.8 7a-fe

1.6 4a-ge, 4a-gze

1.3 4e-fte

all these will drop straight and the parts you'll need are quite easy to source. 4a-fte is doing a 3s conversion which requires a lot more work but he'll end up with a lot more - are you making good progress?

you could try sending "weejohn" a pm - he's in your neck of the woods and tracks rolla's and has done a few engine swaps

other then the gt4 engine is ther an easy way to put a 2L turbo in it?

and what gearbox do i need to change the engine to run 4wd?

to do a conversion you need engine + ancillaries, gearbox, loom and ecu i would choose what engine you want to go for as im sure there will be someone on here that has done the conversion.

progress is good, now my driveshafts are too long, so back to trevor at TCB to fish out another st162 one!

if you really wanted to you could put any 2L turbo engine in that you wanted to.

but the 3S conversion (which has been done a fair few time before) is the only toyota 2L turbo which is so readily available to the the UK public (would have loved a 503) to run 4WD you must use an S series engine (3S/5S) as the gt4 gearboxes will only mate to these (possible to a 3VZ engine too).

4WD will require rear subframe fabrication, custom suspension setup, propshaft and rear drive shafts, all on top of a regular conversion.

There's just one thing that everyone seems to have left out of the equation.

VERY DEEP POCKETS or an understanding bank manager. :o

yep too right.

what ever your budget it WILL take double!!

as a bare minimum i would say bank on about 5k, more if someone else is doing the conversion.

also dont forget about brakes and suspension.

i've probably spent 2K so far, and only because i've bargain hunted everything and done all the work myself (except the rebore)

haven't even started the brake upgrade yet.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links