Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cat Replacement Pipe

fuzzwaldo

hi

was wondering if anyone has replaced there cat with a straight through pipe. i have been thinking about it and was wonder what cost it would be and if it made much difference

cheers

hi

was wondering if anyone has replaced there cat with a straight through pipe. i have been thinking about it and was wonder what cost it would be and if it made much difference

cheers

to mant negatives - easy to do with 1 lambda but not advisable with 2. you'll need a dummy lambda to replace second one but not an ideal situation. if you dont replace second lambda you'll run very lean which isnt good.

Where do you get all these bullsh1t from?!

The second sensor only checks the cat to see if its functioning

do your resrearch lad before you chat your usual - done any maths lessons yet? re - converting rolling road figures!

Have you ever offered any practicle advice?

Cat replacement pipe won't probably bring you any extra power.

Stock cat in ts is really good, so you can but your "money" somewhere else. :)

do your resrearch lad before you chat your usual - done any maths lessons yet? re - converting rolling road figures!

practical :P

i think you'll find the OP is correct , the first lambda does the AFR reading and the second is just to make sure the efficiency of the CAT is ok , a decat will bring on the emissions light on the dash and will definatley make the exhaust louder , the best bet is to get a 200cell sports CAT from nemesis performance ( see under magnaflow on their site) ,and get local powerflow to weld it in , there are 100cell versions which are more free flowing but iirc from other manufacturers these also throw the check engine light , there are other ways of fooling the ecu , ghost sensors that replace the lambda and show the ecu the resistance it wants to see and also bungs to move the lambda tip from the main gas flow but whether these work is a bit of hit and miss

200cell CAT is the best of both worlds IMO . speak to nemesis sure and see what they say

best of luck

stephen

Have you ever offered ignorant posts with misleading advice? :toast:

I decatted my yaris with the 2 sensors in the past, why do I need to do research?

Do you want another muppet sandwich?

i think you'll find the OP is correct , the first lambda does the AFR reading and the second is just to make sure the efficiency of the CAT is ok , a decat will bring on the emissions light on the dash and will definatley make the exhaust louder , the best bet is to get a 200cell sports CAT from nemesis performance ( see under magnaflow on their site) ,and get local powerflow to weld it in , there are 100cell versions which are more free flowing but iirc from other manufacturers these also throw the check engine light , there are other ways of fooling the ecu , ghost sensors that replace the lambda and show the ecu the resistance it wants to see and also bungs to move the lambda tip from the main gas flow but whether these work is a bit of hit and miss

200cell CAT is the best of both worlds IMO . speak to nemesis sure and see what they say

best of luck

stephen

that's right, but if the second sensor reads high it thinks the car is overfuelling. do you run one of these sport cats and if so no problems? i know the parameters on some sensors are very small and if you change it throws the checklight on - a mechanic mate of mine had a pain with a Renualt Megan, tried to save the customer money by getting a OE cat and the checklight stayed on. had to replace with genuine renualt! He wont be doing that again.

"Do you want another muppet sandwich?"

why? do you taste good with pickle?

best of luck

stephen

that's right, but if the second sensor reads high it thinks the car is overfuelling. do you run one of these sport cats and if so no problems? i know the parameters on some sensors are very small and if you change it throws the checklight on - a mechanic mate of mine had a pain with a Renualt Megan, tried to save the customer money by getting a OE cat and the checklight stayed on. had to replace with genuine renualt! He wont be doing that again.

"Do you want another muppet sandwich?"

why? do you taste good with pickle?

nah it doesnt , as the first sensor is the one that does the rich/lean / stoich measurement , if anything is wrong with the second reading the ecu thinks "dead CAT" and throws a CEL with the code to show cat efficiency out of threshold or similar iirc , no matter what happens to the second sensor the first will still ensure 100% driving manner . i have seen a moden toyota with the cable to the second sensor ripped out of the lambda and appart from a CEL to say open circuit on s1b2 the car drove 100%

if you can live with the light on fella decat the bugger , but if something happens you wont know as the CEL is permantly illuminated

AE102 is right. On a VVTLI engine you'll end up running lean. and will definitely throw a check engine light. don't think you can get Lift if the light comes on either.

I would just point out the engine management system on a CTS is considerably different to a Yaris. One is made by Yamaha, the other isn't.

AE102 is right. On a VVTLI engine you'll end up running lean. and will definitely throw a check engine light. don't think you can get Lift if the light comes on either.

I would just point out the engine management system on a CTS is considerably different to a Yaris. One is made by Yamaha, the other isn't.

the engine is yahmaha ( typo?) but isnt the management still denso

@choading

here's what you wrote before you changed it, "Another muppet not reading the posts?"

whilst i can read. It would appear on this occasion i have a bit more knowledge than you - not by brain power but simply because i have a toyota workshop manual. If you trigger the CEL you will probably enter safe mode and will kill lift, the fuel air ratio in this case will be fixed to the "safe" settings. there are 116 pages on DTC codes.

Engine management on the 2ZZGe is badged denso or fujitsu ten (depending on where you are) but it is completely different to all of the other non-yamaha engines. mainly due to the lift i think, i'm not a software expert

just another point - if you run with the check light on?! what happens when another fault occurs but you are oblivious?

its become silly again - someone asks a simple question with pretty straight forward answers and it becomes "cos i dont know i will be a ..." i wonder why i keep developments to myself.

I met an owner who did a decat on his exhaust on a t sport. He worked for toyota however and i only had a brief discussion with him in regards to what modifications he did to the car. He said he had a decat and a full system without having any problems so i reckon there is a possibility that it could be ok depending on what is taken off etc. However as many owners are suggesting it could trigger you'r emissions light to come on. It would be better to get a sports cat like CKman did and get a proper system rather to bodge the job and get the cat removed.

It will be extremely loud, a large possibility of failing you're mot and i think if you get stopped by a police officer and they carry out an emmisions check you may run into some trouble.

to get it to work, you would have to pull the second lambda sensor out and replace with a resistor i reckon.

You can engage lift with the light on, depend on what code is on the system. Iv done this, i knew which code was on the system and that i wouldnt do damage. I would not recommend anyone else doing this unless they know what code is on the system.

The system can store more than 1 code at a time, if you leave the light on extra codes can be stored without you knowing.

a tech at a local toyota dealer has a T sport with an hks sytem on it with a decat , and it has the CEL illuminated of course, but no adverse running affects , in fact i think his words were " it goes like f**k" , it is very loud but hey ho . bad reading from no2 lambda doesnt kill lift

a tech at a local toyota dealer has a T sport with an hks sytem on it with a decat , and it has the CEL illuminated of course, but no adverse running affects , in fact i think his words were " it goes like f**k" , it is very loud but hey ho . bad reading from no2 lambda doesnt kill lift

By anychance was it grey with twin style compressor pipes! but without the rear compressor lip

facelift shape

By anychance was it grey with twin style compressor pipes! but without the rear compressor lip

facelift shape

nah fella , northern ireland car , silver steel with single round hks pipe

i wonder why half those people are not on the forum! neither was the guy who i saw. I asked him to join but seems as though he might be to busy playing with lift!

i wonder why half those people are not on the forum! neither was the guy who i saw. I asked him to join but seems as though he might be to busy playing with lift!

not everyone with a toyota is on here , he prob has better things to do with his time

" walks off sobbing"

On my yaris I bought a spacer for the 2nd sensor as the CEL kept coming on, it hasnt been on since after 1.5 years, and my brother has the car now.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links