Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prado Tz 3400 Mpg ?

ian2144

Hi

Just been trawling the net and found a 97 Prado TZ 3400 V6 (import) with only 9000 miles on the clock. Any one here owned one?? Are the any good? what sort of MPG can I expect?

Your coments please

Ian........

Hi

Just been trawling the net and found a 97 Prado TZ 3400 V6 (import) with only 9000 miles on the clock. Any one here owned one?? Are the any good? what sort of MPG can I expect?

Your coments please

Ian........

Not a Prado but I have a Colorado (EU Version of the Prado) it too is a V6 3.4 ....

Question should be what kind of use will this car see, what kind of MPG would you find accaptable ... because a TLC is thirsty ..... they say the average is 20mpg but if you do a lot of town work that will be a rare event. don't go thinking the Diesel is any better - it isn't, it does around 5mpg more but the fuel costs more so there is no gain.

I guess I do somewhere between 15 and 20, unless towing when it drops to darn near single figures - but then so does the wifes Passat when we tow the van.

to be totally blunt if fuel economy is on your list of priorities the TLC is the wrong vehicle to be looking at ....

But if you want a solid, go anywhere, reliable tug then look no further, I hate getting into cars after the Cruiser

Cam belts need doing every 5 years or every 60k miles whichever comes sooner, a full 'B' service at a toyota dealership will set you back around £400, the Cam belt around the same, brake discs and pads all round about £300.

You won't have a rear difflock on that vehicle so if offroading is your bag just be aware ....

Insurance will be higher than a UK car since the Prado is an import so you may want to check it out.

Thanks for the info.

I think I'll get back to my main choice, a 3rd Gen Hilux Surf 3.0TD Intercooler.

Ceers

Ian......

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links