Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help! Top Speed

stella

hi all,i find it hard to get my corrola gti to 100mph+?????it gets to 90mph no probs but past that it just reallly stays at 94-5mph? :help: it feels like its restricted but its frustating as a little 4 door clio out ran me yesterday?? wheres the logic in that :crybaby:

is there any tips or ideas you guys can give me to achive the golden ton?

I have on the moter 15`s on 195/50 tyres,cold air intake,and a U.S racing muffler,apart from that everything is stock.

Sounds like you're down in BHP. Get the car onto a rolling road and see what she's putting out. Top end speed is directly proportional to BHP and drag.

Sounds like you're down in BHP. Get the car onto a rolling road and see what she's putting out. Top end speed is directly proportional to BHP and drag.

Try that.

Is it when it's in 4th gear? Mi9ne used to die a bit in 4th?

hi the corolla has no cat,but theres a rolling road station about 7 miles from me,i think they charge £60 for a printed bhp graph,is this a good price :lol:

Hi Stella

Sounds like to me thats something is wrong with your engine mate. A corolla GTI should do over 100 mph no problem at all. In fact at least 120 mph easy :yes:

jerry!!

Sounds like to me thats something is wrong with your engine mate. A corolla GTI should do over 100 mph no problem at all. In fact at least 120 mph easy

exactly right!

ive got 130mph out of mine easy and mines the t-vis one which is slower than the non t-vis.

Id get it checked by someone who knows what theyre doin if i were you

i had 140 out of mine when i had a non t-vis 4A-GE in, so defo somthing wrong give it a service (plugs, airfilter ,fuel filter and leads and alos check the cap and rotor arm) also check the timing as i found that mine was out and putting it right made a big differance

cheers all for ya help,im gonna get a mobile tuning van out to take a look at her :rolleyes: and hopefully be back on the power :thumbsup: i`ll keep you all informed

cheers all for ya help,im gonna get a mobile tuning van out to take a look at her :rolleyes: and hopefully be back on the power :thumbsup: i`ll keep you all informed

That's good mate. Hopefully they will be able to sort out your problem :thumbsup:

jerry!!

hi stella,

mine hits 134 every day on the way to work, its even topped 143 and thats not red line. these cars should hit 130 no messin and quickly.

the answer to your problem will be at a toyota main dealers, it might cost u up to an hours labour at the most, but they will find the problem.

jay

Hi Stella,

As the boys say you should easy get your 130 to start with . After you finish your tuning, shop around for some performance pully's. this gives you a 2nd phase at about 2.5rpm, the it really kicks.

Later

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links