Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

18s On An Mr2

glen_neilson

ive just got myself an mr2,still got my celica with 18s on it and fancy putting them on the 2,whats the deal with rubbing etc? i know they rubbed a bit on the celica,nothing major but enough to ruin tyres after a while,which is costly.

I suppose if you got the right size fitment alloys and tyres they should not rub.. I have a set of 18" alloys on a rev5 turbo and they are spot on

Rash

Your Celica wheels will not fit the Mr2, although both toyota and both 5 stud....

pcd is different celica is 5x100 and Mr2 is 5x114.3...... i think!

Mo

DO IT, make your car look like a pram :)

Not if setup right..............

mrrev5017zv8.jpg

mrrev5011kj9.jpg

Well said Rash! And you would know, as your car looks looks hot with the bigger wheels. :wub:

I think the wheels you have Glen would look good on the 2. Try it, what is the worst that can happen? :thumbsup:

Your Celica wheels will not fit the Mr2, although both toyota and both 5 stud....

pcd is different celica is 5x100 and Mr2 is 5x114.3...... i think!

Mo

Well said Rash! And you would know, as your car looks looks hot with the bigger wheels. :wub:

I think the wheels you have Glen would look good on the 2. Try it, what is the worst that can happen? :thumbsup:

Ash hun, how can he try wheels that don't fit??? :lol:

And it's all down to personal taste in the end but i do agree 18's look too big on a 2, there is also the old handling debate too, i've tried 17's 16's and the stock on mine and i have to say i do prefer the ride and handling of the standard rims. just my opinion of course.

Mo

If you are based in Glasgow, take a run into Autoimage in Great western Road. Ian there will happily advise you on the wide range of options. I've got 18" on my RAV - originals were 16". Say that big Ian wi the turbo RAV suggested you call - I don't get commission etc but Ians a nice helpful guy. His tele number is 0141 333 0575. He'll give you the info without you buying anything either! I'm just waiting for my latest set of 18" wheels and 225/45 x 18 tyres for the RAV - which i use for 1/4 mile runs.

DO IT, make your car look like a pram :)

Not if setup right..............

mrrev5017zv8.jpg

mrrev5011kj9.jpg

I do like your cars mr rash, your wheel style does look good, but IMO 18's look too big on an mr2

ill just keep the 17s,esp since the 18s dont fit.

im now on the hunt for an exhaust and decat,saw a blue flame one,are these any good?

are there any members with an mr2 in glasgow? i need some help with a few bits and bobs.

Hmmm....

I'm assuming you have a turbo, but if not much the same applies (apart from the cat bit) non turbo is a different entity..

Decats....few out there, the usual xs power, gts chris, Aussie, Berk, and TB developments, it's down to what you want and also how much you're prepared to pay. There has always been a stigma attached to stainless decats cracking but some of the new ones have a flexi joint in them to combat this, however i've got one of the cheaper ones and mine is fine, it's all down to how you fit it i think.

Exhausts.... the same applies it's down to own personal taste, style, noise and of course money again.

Mikey (Msherry) is from Glasgow but don't see him around too much now, but there are some others dotted around your area.

HTH,

Mo

18's are my weapon of choice on an mr2. they dont handle so well and tramline like a bugger but for looks, they simply cant be beaten

pics of all the 18's i've had my mr2's

2003mr2.jpg

godfather3.jpg

TRD016.jpg

volk57prod.jpg

KIF_2206.jpg

greddy4.jpg

luck1b.jpg

17's

whitetubby1.jpg

tubby9c.jpg

rev5c.jpg

yes, i have owned all of these mr2's....... not so much anymore :D

Those Do-lucks are just 'kin awesome Shaf

They were on the TRD @ Jae 05 weren't they?

Mo

• 3 weeks later...

I got 18's on mine, still need to drop it onto em but for now they still look pretty sweet, still had to put 15mm spacers and new studs on it. Not a job I would recommend, but needed doin for the wheels I wanted :)

post-56184-1220015967_thumb.jpg

post-56184-1220016007_thumb.jpg

ill just keep the 17s,esp since the 18s dont fit.

im now on the hunt for an exhaust and decat,saw a blue flame one,are these any good?

are there any members with an mr2 in glasgow? i need some help with a few bits and bobs.

Just got a blue flame, without the de-cat for now but it's awesome! Sounds and looks great, did want the Blitz Nur Spec but now I've got this, glad I saved the money. Looks a lot less lob-sided too

here's a few pics of my 2 with 18's 350z rays wheels....funnily enough i got them from ian at "auto image" in glasgow...it's also lowered with tein stech's.

2ef57460.jpg

cc51f075.jpg

dd438243.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links