Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto Door Lock When T180 In Motion

DominicPriestley

Is it possible to get the doors to Autolock when the vehicle is in motion? If so, can i do this or is it dealer setting?

• 3 weeks later...
Is it possible to get the doors to Autolock when the vehicle is in motion? If so, can i do this or is it dealer setting?

Wife's 1.6 VVTi came with those as standard. They engage after you drive more then 20 Kmh, so i guess a dealer could fit it.

Wife's 1.6 VVTi came with those as standard. They engage after you drive more then 20 Kmh, so i guess a dealer could fit it.

That can't be possible attention I'm not calling you a lyer or anything but something wrong is here. Several guys including some related to Toyota said the Auris doesn't have such function at all. More I asked Toyota Europe custom support and they gave me the exact same answer by mail the Auris is not equipped with such function. The only way to have this is to install the Toyota official alarm which provides this. However as far as I know the alarm auto locking door system acts when you place or take the key in the ignition. Not sure how it is in the start button models which is possibly your case maybe it's like you said auto lock with motion in that case.

Can someone clarify this because if Toyota is in fact hidding this function and it is possible to have it in all models without Toyota alarm I'm also interested.

Thanks

That can't be possible attention I'm not calling you a lyer or anything but something wrong is here. Several guys including some related to Toyota said the Auris doesn't have such function at all. More I asked Toyota Europe custom support and they gave me the exact same answer by mail the Auris is not equipped with such function. The only way to have this is to install the Toyota official alarm which provides this. However as far as I know the alarm auto locking door system acts when you place or take the key in the ignition. Not sure how it is in the start button models which is possibly your case maybe it's like you said auto lock with motion in that case.

Can someone clarify this because if Toyota is in fact hidding this function and it is possible to have it in all models without Toyota alarm I'm also interested.

Thanks

Your right about the alarm. It has the Factory fitted alarm, the option code was TPA400 which meanes Alarm + 4 Rear Parking sensors. (there is TPA800 too with front Parking sensors too). There was no option just for alarm or parking sensors, only together.

With Factory Alarm you get an extra blinking LED where are the switches for regulating mirrors.

Yes its Start-button, not key. Sure you get the car-wide unlock and lock button on drivers side at widnows controls.

Frankly i hate it, as when you stop the car does not Unlock itself, but luckily i don't drive much with my wife's car.

I do believe you can programme this feature yoursef. I've read the instructions somewhere on this forum and it will most likely pop up again in this thread after some time.

I do believe you can programme this feature yoursef. I've read the instructions somewhere on this forum and it will most likely pop up again in this thread after some time.

The instructions I read here were for a Yaris not for the Auris as far as I can remember and they don't work. If someone has some that works please let me know because I'm really interested in those. Right now I'm sticking to the Toyota Europe answer by mail. The answer came from Bruxelles R6D center where the Auris was designed so there is no reason not to be accurate.

• 2 weeks later...
Your right about the alarm. It has the Factory fitted alarm, the option code was TPA400 which meanes Alarm + 4 Rear Parking sensors. (there is TPA800 too with front Parking sensors too). There was no option just for alarm or parking sensors, only together.

Curious. Here in Portugal I got the TPA800 (Front+rear sensors, which are great!) but it does not include alarm.

I have no auto-lock.

Amazing how toyota left out such a basic feature that is present even in much cheaper cars...

I'm not paying for an alarm just to have the ecu control the lock.

Thanks

With Factory Alarm you get an extra blinking LED where are the switches for regulating mirrors.

Yes its Start-button, not key. Sure you get the car-wide unlock and lock button on drivers side at widnows controls.

Frankly i hate it, as when you stop the car does not Unlock itself, but luckily i don't drive much with my wife's car.

heez, you are hard to appreciate..

How about auto engine start when u enter the car and auto engine shut when u step out of car???

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links