Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Indicators

hoo

yaris 1.4 d 2002 the rear indicator wont work, tryed 3 bulbs. has any body come across this, i suspect a kinked wire somewhere , but any body with previous experience out there who could help please.

if it's only 1 that isn't working and it's not the bulb then the usual suspect is a bad earth. Get a test meter on it and you should have no bother finding it.

• 4 months later...
if it's only 1 that isn't working and it's not the bulb then the usual suspect is a bad earth. Get a test meter on it and you should have no bother finding it.

hi, i am a newbie!

i have same problem with yaris 1999 model. rear left indicator does not work, tried 2 other bulbs. i am a bit rubbish at mechanical stuff, how do i check if there is a bad earth and where do i get a test meter and do i check for a bad connection?

thnaks ross :(

Quote; "I have same problem with Yaris 1999 model. Rear left indicator does not work, tried 2 other bulbs. I am a bit rubbish at mechanical stuff, how do I check if there is a bad earth and where do I get a test meter and do I check for a bad connection?"

Remove the Black cover inside the boot, approx 6"x4" behind the rear lamp unit.

You will be able to see a large Multi terminal Pushed (black) onto the inside of the rear lamp. Press the wire clip holding this and pull off the fitting, it will have wires going into the fitting plug so be careful not to tug these.

Sometimes there is a build up of corrosion on the terminals, so remove and refit a couple of times should do it.

Just to the side of the multi terminal plug is a Nut that holds the lamp in the body, loosen the nut and retighten.

R

yaris 1.4 d 2002 the rear indicator wont work, tryed 3 bulbs. has any body come across this, i suspect a kinked wire somewhere , but any body with previous experience out there who could help please.

Hi, unless you or someone removed something before, a kinked wire is a bit unlikely. You may have corroded terminals or even just a blown fuse!

Have you tried swapping bulbs from one side to the other so you can test them? It may be a waste of time just putting a different bulb in unless you know that one works!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links