Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is A Spirit Worth The Extra Cash?

nick j

I'm looking at chopping in my 6 year old 'c' class and purchasing a 2 to 3 year old Avensis hatchback and after looking through the specs on all models I was wondering if the extra money for a Spirit was worth it?? thanks...

I'm looking at chopping in my 6 year old 'c' class and purchasing a 2 to 3 year old Avensis hatchback and after looking through the specs on all models I was wondering if the extra money for a Spirit was worth it?? thanks...

Hi, I have just had the same debate with a pal of mine He is selling his T spirit 54reg with 39K but is having trouble. I have just bought a T4 for 1 reason. Its a 1.8 which is not going to get hammered on road tax over the next few years. This has been the issue when he is trying to sell it, the 2 ltr engine is putting people off. If you prefure the 2 ltr it has more punch than the 1.8.

Incidentley i can put u in touch if you are interested £6500 i think he is looking for . Only selling because his wife is expecting 3rd child and has bought a Galaxy.

other than that you get leather and cruise if u are not aware

I've had 2 T-spirits mainly for the leather trim that seems to be more wear and spill resistant. Plus there are one or two other extras like the rear sunshade which is handy if you have kids. But it isn't really worth the premium you pay new so second hand I would only go for it if the price is right.

Thanks for the feeback, I am currently looking at a 55 plate 2.0 lt ( FSH 1 x owner) with 12K on the clock....

I've had 2 T-spirits mainly for the leather trim that seems to be more wear and spill resistant. Plus there are one or two other extras like the rear sunshade which is handy if you have kids. But it isn't really worth the premium you pay new so second hand I would only go for it if the price is right.

Don't forget all the extra safety features which the TSpirit has. But definately buy at three years old to get an absolute bargain.

I have a 2.0 VVTi, get 35+ to the gallon so looking at the fuel differential there is little between the D-4D and 2.0VVTi. However I run both in my household and can honestly say the 2.0VVTi is quieter, smoother and much much more fun to drive.

Plus the engine is chain driven so no expensive cam belt service (unlike the D-4D) - that totally obliterates the Communist government tax on having a nice car.

Anyone able to argue with this?

I have an 04 T-Spirit and would argue that the leather makes it a vastly nicer place to spend any time in. I'm not sure if other trim levels get the leather, this may not be exclusive to the T-Spirit.

Regards the petrol/diesel debate, I have a 2.0 D4D and get 48mpg average, mixed driving - better on motorway runs. My last service (60k) was £240 including the cambelt. Hardly earth shattering. Dull? Yes. Then again, a petrol Avensis is still every bit as dull, as it's....well, an Avensis!

I have an 04 T-Spirit and would argue that the leather makes it a vastly nicer place to spend any time in. I'm not sure if other trim levels get the leather, this may not be exclusive to the T-Spirit.

Regards the petrol/diesel debate, I have a 2.0 D4D and get 48mpg average, mixed driving - better on motorway runs. My last service (60k) was £240 including the cambelt. Hardly earth shattering. Dull? Yes. Then again, a petrol Avensis is still every bit as dull, as it's....well, an Avensis!

£240 at a dealership?

Congrats...I'm sure you will be happy, post back your thoughts dude!