Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help With Alloys

mollycorolla

hiya. just wondering can anybody help me with my alloys. im presuming its brake dust (i dont know much about alloys!) building up on one of my back alloys and i cant seem to get rid of it. any help as to how i can get rid of it and prevent it??? thanks........

ST830051.jpg

hiya. just wondering can anybody help me with my alloys. im presuming its brake dust (i dont know much about alloys!) building up on one of my back alloys and i cant seem to get rid of it. any help as to how i can get rid of it and prevent it??? thanks........

ST830051.jpg

Hi,

Try some tar and glue remover to get off the brake dust, or else some alloy wheel cleaner, you'll be able to get them from your local motor factors.. If you go for the alloy wheel cleaner you will have to dilute it 50/50 with water, or else it will burn off the lacquer finish off your wheels and then there'll be no shine off them....

ST830051.jpg

Hi,

Try some tar and glue remover to get off the brake dust, or else some alloy wheel cleaner, you'll be able to get them from your local motor factors.. If you go for the alloy wheel cleaner you will have to dilute it 50/50 with water, or else it will burn off the lacquer finish off your wheels and then there'll be no shine off them....

cool ok shall try that. is that the stuff they spray on my wheels when i get it washed in a garage? how do i stop it from happening???

ST830051.jpg

Hi,

cool ok shall try that. is that the stuff they spray on my wheels when i get it washed in a garage? how do i stop it from happening???

Ya thats the stuff alright, but in a garage they'll water it down much more just to save it.. There isnt any real way of stopping it, its just one of the joys of having nice shiny alloys! One thing you could do is buy a can of brake cleaner from your local motor factors, just spray it on the front brake discs and around the front brake pads, this will get rid of any excess dust hanging around.. No point spraying it on the back brakes cos they're drums and the brake dust doesnt come out of them.. If there is brake dust on your rear wheels its probably old stuff from when them wheels were on the front at some stage....

ahh right. first time ive had alloys so i dont have a clue :D im still learning! thanks :D

hi there have you tried all the suggestions people have told you? If they have not worked then i suggest you opt for this stuff, you only need a little and it also works well on exhausts etc, you will be suprised what a difference this stuff does, you can order it in eBay for about £6.00

the stuff is called " Peek " its in a small 250ml tin

Let me know the outcome i guarantee this stuff will work!!

hi there have you tried all the suggestions people have told you? If they have not worked then i suggest you opt for this stuff, you only need a little and it also works well on exhausts etc, you will be suprised what a difference this stuff does, you can order it in Ebay for about £6.00

the stuff is called " Peek " its in a small 250ml tin

Let me know the outcome i guarantee this stuff will work!!

cool, never heard dof it. is it for rust or what??? my exhaust isnt too shiny either, so that stuff sounds good. :D

once you get them cleaned back if you just rub a bottle brush over them once a week the dust just pretty much falls off,also toyota pads tend to give off more dust than other brands!!

nice wheels though, that a 1.4?

thank you, its a 1.3! ive tried alloy cleaner stuff i bought from a car supplies place. made my clean wheels look cleaner and did nothing for the dirty one. :(

Thats strange normally they clean up,you using some elbow grease aswell??

:D Is there many miles on them?

i may be a girl but yes i used some elbow grease! the car has been on the car before the last owner so i dunno how many miles they've done.

thank you, its a 1.3! ive tried alloy cleaner stuff i bought from a car supplies place. made my clean wheels look cleaner and did nothing for the dirty one. :(

To me it looks like the wheel has been damaged from brake dust at some stage, must have been on the front of the car before cos as someone as said already you have drums on the back which are sealed......it looks like the lacquer coat has been damaged already im afraid, is it rough to touch......if you manage to clear it off let me know what you have used on it..

To me it looks like the wheel has been damaged from brake dust at some stage, must have been on the front of the car before cos as someone as said already you have drums on the back which are sealed......it looks like the lacquer coat has been damaged already im afraid, is it rough to touch......if you manage to clear it off let me know what you have used on it..

yea its really rough. i never noticed it til the other day. have the car two months like. ill see what i can do with it nd i'll be sure to let ye know what happens!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links