Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Gti Brakes

L4AGZE

Does anyone else think that the GTi has poor brakes? I have owned a few and have always found the standard brakes to be a bit dissapointing.

im looking to upgrade from standard to performance disks and pads, but was also curious if anyone has any other ideas to improve the braking. Im not talking about big brake conversions as the car will still be running standard power or there abouts.

The later spec Gti's have slightly larger disk size, and slightly boosted break pressure if thats any good ?

I'm about to buy new pads and disks all round for my 1991 but unsure as to what to go for ?

I know the later spec cars had bigger disks, ive owned tow early spec cars and my current one is a late spec. Unfortunately when i bought the car the brakes were already a bit poor so couldnt compare them to the early spec ones.

Ive spoken to a few people i know who have owned GTi's or currently do so and they also think the GTi's brakes are poor.

Were u thinking of going for performance disks and pads? or standard? I know the Genuine Toyota pads are good but they are pricey. You will probably find some perforance aftermarket ones are similarly priced or even cheaper :eek:

As for disks, best bet is to go for grooved as if they are drilled they are more prone to cracking.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links