Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

4" Lift For Hilux Pick Up

ej 1

Hi, has anyone ever heard that if you raise your truck (mine's a Mk 3) to or above 4 inches that the drive shafts can fall out of each other...? if so, is there anyway to stop this from happening? please help Cheers Ej.

Hi, has anyone ever heard that if you raise your truck (mine's a Mk 3) to or above 4 inches that the drive shafts can fall out of each other...? if so, is there anyway to stop this from happening? please help Cheers Ej.

Hi ej and welcome to the forum.

If your props are at too much of an angle, not only will they separate, but you will eat the U.J's on the ends...

Have a look around the www.hiluxsurf.co.uk and do a search for "prop spacers" you can also find various people selling them on eBay.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Paul

If you have a solid front axle, yes it will. The problem is that you cant just raise them with 4" because when you put on 4" lift springs, you *must* also use longer shackles(trust me on this), and when you use longer shackles, the total raise will be about 5-1/2" to 6" and now you have a driveshaft problem(front). Rear is no problem.

So what can you do? Well you can use OME's 50mm lift springs without any problems or you can, as many on this side of the north sea do, extend their front drive axle at a machine workshop.

With IFS, there is now such problem, but why raise a IFS car?

If you have a solid front axle, yes it will. The problem is that you cant just raise them with 4" because when you put on 4" lift springs, you *must* also use longer shackles(trust me on this), and when you use longer shackles, the total raise will be about 5-1/2" to 6" and now you have a driveshaft problem(front). Rear is no problem.

So what can you do? Well you can use OME's 50mm lift springs without any problems or you can, as many on this side of the north sea do, extend their front drive axle at a machine workshop.

With IFS, there is now such problem, but why raise a IFS car?

Thanks for your reply, I'm using 2" lift leaf springs, and 2" lift shakles, so thats a total height of 4" raise, (including the extened shakles), do you think this will still work? i take it, that because the rear drive shaft is longer, its not a problem... but the only way to see on the front is to do it i suppose!!!! do you think the front U.J. will be ok, i think the angle might be too steap? thank you for your help. Ej

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links