Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Found This Spider Over My Daughters Cot Bed...

Fizz

I found/caught this one above my babys cot bed a couple of days back. EEK2.GIF

Ive seen this type a lot over the last few years but they just seem to keep getting bigger!

Camera pics and could not focus through the plastic to get a good shot but you get the idea...

I could clearly see the fangs when looking at it close and then it had these 2 small 'feeler' things on the front. Also had a patterned back and was hairy...SPericani2.gif

Enjoy...DSC00119.jpg

DSC00120.jpg

DSC00121.jpg

DSC00123.jpg

And finally a small vid off the phone...

http://vid147.photobucket.com/albums/r307/...ndom/spider.flv

HATE spiders....................................shudders. (cant see vid but dont want to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Glad you saved her from it Fizz - your a brave man :fear:

:eek: Please tell me you live somewhere abroad and these things dont exits in England, I have enough trouble sleeping as it is, and why is it still alive?

Normal house spider, harmless but scary looking it’s probably been living in your house longer than you!

They live for up to 12 years :eek:

Don't talk to me about spiders...I got bitten by one early friday morning while i was asleep. 2 days later I was on crutches for 3 days. Swellings still here partially but a lot better than before

it isnt that big, remember Fizz has a tiny thumb on his left hand, infact his whole left hand is tiny like Jeremy Beadle

only messing, both his hands are tiny :P

seen loads of them in the house, well until the dogs started chasing them

I watched one going mental across the back wall of my garage last night... was similar in size to that Fizz, cept it had REALLY long legs... like must have been a good 5-6cms long each!

My cat also loves them.... My misees on the other hand doesn't.

I'm not too fond of them either but I'll catch them if need be. Bloomin' things are getting quicker too I think!

Bloomin' things are getting quicker too I think!

No...........................Its just that you are slowing up as you get older ;) :P :lol:

Dont bother me, I have no issues with picking them up. I remember one that big it made a thud sound when I dropped it out the back door!

Hate them with a passion!

Although I would like to try and banish my fear by holding a tarantula.

Hate them with a passion!

Although I would like to try and banish my fear by holding a tarantula.

Yeah, I remember seeing on the telly how that works. They put loads of sensors on this person with a massive fear of spiders, strapped them into a chair & then put a small 1 on their hand, initially everything went through the roof, their blood pressure, adrenaline, sweat etc & then after a while they started to accept that this thing wasn't actually hurting them & so things went back to normal as they got more relaxed. They ended up with a tarantula & by the end they weren't bothered at all & were completely over their fear.

Initially you see a spider & all the defence things kick in & you just want to get the :censor: away from it but once you know you can't get away from it & it's not actually killing you, subconsciously you start to think "Why was I worrying?" & then the next thing you're sorted. As horrible as doing it sounds, I'd quite like to have a go myself so that something so pathetic wouldn't freak me out anymore

I caught one last week EXACTLY like that. It was massive!!!! Same size body probably but longer legs i reckon.

Me and the GF were saying to each other. DID YOU SEE THAT MONSTER?! WE HAVE A MONSTER!!

:P

I call them 'Cat Toys ! '

George loves spiders !

Jess does too - she bats them over the head until they no longer move :lol:

I'm not afraid of spiders - maybe if I ever met a Black Widow I'd change my mind, but not the ones we get here, they can't hurt me so they don't bother me! ;)

House spiders...

There were a few in my old flat. Used to scare the crap out of me when they sprinted across the floor!

urgh, i hate spiders with a passion. small ones dont really bother me i can get rid of them no problem. just big ones like that :s no thanks

yes spiders can bite :shutit:

mark my hubby got bitten by a spider few months ago, his arm swelled up like a balloon :eek:

We found one like yours Fizz in our house this morning......

...we did not take pictures of it but if we had it would have looked different to yours....

...ours was flat :lol::lol:

Im glad im not the only person thats been bitten by a spider!!! all my friends told me to stop being so stupid when i told them a spider bit me!

Then i ended up in hospital coz it was swollen and my veins started going red!!

Im ok now though.

We caught a huge spider in our bathroom a few months back, it had hairyer legs than my nan!

xxxx

A few months ago I noticed a couple of little webs developing in my car & thought 1 of those diddy money spiders had got in my car somehow so just wiped the webs away & thought nothing else of them. A couple of days later I was driving to work when a massive spider (as far as spiders go in this country) started walking across my dashboard. My 1st reaction was to stop the !Removed! car & leg it but I was on a busy road heading to the motorway with nowhere to pull over & thought "What am I going to do if I stop, phone someone & ask them to drive to me to get a spider?" so I got to the roundabout by the motorway, went around it & headed back home.

I was freaked out but managing when the hideous :censor: started to come towards me, out of options I had to take a deep breath & blow it into the passenger footwell. I flew home as quickly as I could, knocked at my door & my dad got rid of it before ripping me for coming home over something so trivial. It was worth it though because the last thing anyone needed was it to get too close again (or creep up on me as I couldn't see it) as I was tearing up the motorway trying to get to work as fast as I could so I think I chose the best option available. I'm quite proud of myself for getting close enough to blow it away too because normally I stay a lot further away

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links