Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Premiership Sack Race

Boro Sera

So, who do you all think the first manager will be to be sacked this ( up and coming ) season?

I'm going for Kevin Keegan - just got a feeling.

ALEX FERGUSON :lol: (fingers crossed)

Seriously tho, i agree, he'd be my favourite.

Curbs at West Ham, he has just given Freddie Lyundberg a £6M pay off according to the papers and the board are not amused.

I bet Freddie is though!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Mark Hughes

Teach him to leave us!

:angry:

Mark Hughes

Teach him to leave us!

:angry:

Old Thaksin has the air of a man who gets bored easily, old Hughesy had better get off to a good start or he will be toast. Either that or the owner could just abandon the club and get back on a plane home.

For the record, those good people at PaddyPower are offering the current odds.

A Curbishley 5 - 1

K Keegan 6 - 1

G Megson 6 - 1

P Ince 13 - 2

D Moyes 9 - 1

R Hodgson 12 - 1

P Brown 12 - 1

T Pulis 12 - 1

G Southgate 14 - 1

T Mowbray 14 - 1

R Benitez 16 - 1

M Hughes 22 - 1

H Redknapp 25 - 1

S Bruce 25 - 1

R Keane 28 - 1

P Scolari 40 - 1

M O'Neill 40 - 1

J Ramos 40 - 1

A Wenger 66 - 1

A Ferguson 66 - 1

Some interesting odds there

I'll go for Ince.

Ince will be given plenty of time to prove himself.

We don't tend to sack managers!

:lol:

• 4 weeks later...
Curbs at West Ham, he has just given Freddie Lyundberg a £6M pay off according to the papers and the board are not amused.

I bet Freddie is though!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Dam nearly got it! :angry:

Looks like Boro Sera may get this as KK is on the edge, will he jump or will it be a push?! :blink:

It was funny, when the story broke about Keegan having seemingly left Newcastle I was speaking to my dad about it & said I was unhappy because he's a crap manager who would never achieve anything at Newcastle but I was also happy because I was going to put money on Curbishley on being the 1st premiership manager to leave & this meant I'd have lost my money. Turns out I'd have won afterall

This is a sack race.......What happens when someone jumps first, before getting the sack? Do the bookies pay out?

Just interested

Kingo :thumbsup:

It's very rare a manager gets "sacked" nowadays, especially at the top level. They usually leave "by mutual consent", even if an under pressure manager has said he wouldn't be resigning under any circumstances just a couple of days earlier. With that in mind I'd imagine they just pay out on the 1st person to leave the job

This is a sack race.......What happens when someone jumps first, before getting the sack? Do the bookies pay out?

Just interested

Yes, the bookies pay out regardless of the manner of departure.

Spent last week in Spain and missed all the fun. I'm pretty sure there's a big red self destruct button at Newcastle that people just can't resist pressing - Top entertainment :P

It makes me smile when a manager has the "Full backing of the board" Full backing that is until the next game when points are dropped :lol: then the manager is dropped too!

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone.This is james and nice to see this pretty site with Exciting discussions.Regarding the toyota cars all the new and efficient models are being discussed.Want some suggestions in buying a new model from you all.Looking forward for your replies.............

======================

james blake

Paddy Power Gold Cup Race 2008. National Hunt, Cheltenham Festival.

• 1 month later...
I'll go for Ince.

Looks ilke you were wrong, poor old Ince has been :blowup: out.

I wonder who they will appoint to guide you into the Championship? Allardyce/Curbs/Shearer?

I'll go for Ince.

Looks ilke you were wrong, poor old Ince has been :blowup: out.

I wonder who they will appoint to guide you into the Championship? Allardyce/Curbs/Shearer?

Yup it was pressure from the Trust on the Board :(

Championship? I think not!! (Crosses fingers & starts praying)

Good to see old Malteser head getting the boot

The chairman has got to look at himself though, if you appoint somebody into 1 of the biggest jobs at your organisation & then have to sack them 6 months later, you've made a big mistake in appointing them in the 1st place, there's no doubt about it

The Board were prepared to give him more time but the jack Walker Trust are focused on the value of the club as they are trying to sell.

Because of the club's position they wanted drastic changes to try and improve the club's league standing as they would get a better price in the Premiership than the Championship.

I personally hope a new buyer is found because with owners like that nobody is safe at the club :angry:

They used to give the club £3million a year. In June they stopped this and instructed some advisors to find a buyer for the club.

jack Walker is probably turning in his grave at how they are handling his home town club :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links