Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Premiership Sack Race

Boro Sera

No doubt about it, it's clear for all how much he loved that club & so for the people running the trust bearing his name to treat it the way you're saying is shocking

If you were to go down Gaz, would you be the next Leeds? Do you have huge debts?

I think Mark Hughes got out at the right time as Blackburn arent really a top half club and they were flaterring to deceive, I would put them in the same bracket as Wigan/Bolton/Fulham/Portsmouth/Middlesbrough as in they need all the TV Money to heavily subside there wage bill due to low crowds and low reputation outside the UK.

I think Mark Hughes got out at the right time as Blackburn arent really a top half club and they were flaterring to deceive, I would put them in the same bracket as Wigan/Bolton/Fulham/Portsmouth/Middlesbrough as in they need all the TV Money to heavily subside there wage bill due to low crowds and low reputation outside the UK.

( at least the Boro have the best Chairman in Football - none of this 'Trust' rubbish ! )

All though there's not much chance, i'd like to see scolari get the push... after not losing a premier leage home game in 4 years we have now lost 2 and it could have been 3 on sunday, against the pykey boys from down east london way, scolari is tactically inept, when teams come to the bridge they sit deep with ten behind the ball, and play us on the break, all we can do is pass the ball sideways from left to right & visa versa over and over again, running into blind alley's ,and when we do eventually get a cross in, no one is there to get on the end of it , but the one bloke who can make the difference is left scratching his ar-se on the bench , and is then brought on when its too late ,

I know our away form is great, but how long before teams go defensive on us on their own patch ?, then what... Its Everton away on monday and i would'nt mind betting everton get a result, moyes'y is a shrewd cookey, and he was in the stand when we played bolton away, i hope i'm wrong but i just don't think scolari has a clue how to change the system we play during a game, to counter the way teams set up against us,

Anyway i'm sure every one else is loving it as chelsea are probably the most hated club in the country , and the fans are seen as jumping on the bandwagon, ie " where were you when you were sh-t "

I have supported chelsea for 41years through bad times & good , and i know a winner ( good manager ) when i see one , and its not scolari , i hope he makes me eat my words but i can't see it , bring back Jose, scolari for the sack.

You want rid of your manager because you've lost 2 home games? I admire your standards but I can't help but feel you're being a bit harsh. You're not getting Jose back any time soon so you'll have to make do with someone else for the time being at least & from the outside I think you could do a lot worse than Scolari. I hope & believe he'll win you the league this season

Your away form is (I believe) the best in the Premiership, our home form is the 2nd worst (or at least it was a week or so ago) so I'm not too optimistic about the game. You just never know in football though & our home form is going to come good sooner or later so hopefully the turnaround will start on Monday

You want rid of your manager because you've lost 2 home games? I admire your standards but I can't help but feel you're being a bit harsh. You're not getting Jose back any time soon so you'll have to make do with someone else for the time being at least & from the outside I think you could do a lot worse than Scolari. I hope & believe he'll win you the league this season

Your away form is (I believe) the best in the Premiership, our home form is the 2nd worst (or at least it was a week or so ago) so I'm not too optimistic about the game. You just never know in football though & our home form is going to come good sooner or later so hopefully the turnaround will start on Monday

Allo Kev

Glad to see that your on the blue half of merseyside, Where the real fans reside ;) Can't stand that other lot.

I know we cant have Jose back, but its what we all wish for all the same , and its fair to say that us chelsea fans have been a bit spoilt in recent years.

Everton are a team i admire, for whenever we play them , we always know weve been in a very hard game , your team play hard but fair, and your manager is to be admired for his passion and his will to win.

Moyes was in the stand against bolton, no doubt getting a few pointers on how to stop us playing , and beat us, but as i have already said, the answer is easy....if teams defend with two solid banks of four, we can't seem to break them down , and keep going sideways, however if we start with drogba and maybe go a bit more direct that might work a bit more in our favour.

Anyway may the best team win on the day, all the best

Balli Hi

If you were to go down Gaz, would you be the next Leeds? Do you have huge debts?

Mark Hughes built a good squad and had a good team spirit. We are easily a top half club.

Although it will be interesting to see what 'Big Sam' can acheive...... just don't mention Bolton!!

:lol:

Allo Kev

Glad to see that your on the blue half of merseyside, Where the real fans reside ;) Can't stand that other lot.

I know we cant have Jose back, but its what we all wish for all the same , and its fair to say that us chelsea fans have been a bit spoilt in recent years.

Everton are a team i admire, for whenever we play them , we always know weve been in a very hard game , your team play hard but fair, and your manager is to be admired for his passion and his will to win.

Moyes was in the stand against bolton, no doubt getting a few pointers on how to stop us playing , and beat us, but as i have already said, the answer is easy....if teams defend with two solid banks of four, we can't seem to break them down , and keep going sideways, however if we start with drogba and maybe go a bit more direct that might work a bit more in our favour.

Balli Hi

Yeah, I'm from the City so of course I'm blue ;)

Yeah, Moyes is a good manager & knows how to use what he's got to have some success, he has his weaknesses which has lead some to question whether he's good enough for Everton but like it or not he's just signed a 5 year contract so he's here for the long term whether we like it or not.

As for the game, unless we get some forwards fit we could be playing 4-6-0 so that might help. Seriously though, I'd resent Everton just trying to stop the other team from playing if we were at home. I've seen teams do it against us at their ground & I cringe at how bad it must feel to support a team doing it, I think teams owe it to their fans to try to get a result at home, no matter who they're playing. Hopefully we'll get Arteta, Pienaar, Osman & Fellaini on the ball & knock it around a bit.

Hope it's a good game & we get the result & you get the title

Although it will be interesting to see what 'Big Sam' can acheive..

Bypassing the midfield completely with a one dimensional long ball approach if his past record is anything to go by ! :P

Mark Hughes built a good squad and had a good team spirit. We are easily a top half club.

Although it will be interesting to see what 'Big Sam' can acheive...... just don't mention Bolton!!

Come on don't dodge the pressing issue, if Blackburn went down would they have a financial :blowup: and go bust?

If you stay up this season i can only see you being in 17th :(

Come on don't dodge the pressing issue, if Blackburn went down would they have a financial :blowup: and go bust?

If you stay up this season i can only see you being in 17th :(

We have been relegated before for 2 seasons before coming back up ;)

17th is better than the Championship! :lol:

Yeah but that was when the money gap wasn't so vast even with parachute payments you will feel the pain!

Can't see anyone buying you if your down!

Lets hope Sam makes a fight off it :thumbsup:

Allo Kev

Balli Hi

Yeah, I'm from the City so of course I'm blue ;)

Yeah, Moyes is a good manager & knows how to use what he's got to have some success, he has his weaknesses which has lead some to question whether he's good enough for Everton but like it or not he's just signed a 5 year contract so he's here for the long term whether we like it or not.

As for the game, unless we get some forwards fit we could be playing 4-6-0 so that might help. Seriously though, I'd resent Everton just trying to stop the other team from playing if we were at home. I've seen teams do it against us at their ground & I cringe at how bad it must feel to support a team doing it, I think teams owe it to their fans to try to get a result at home, no matter who they're playing. Hopefully we'll get Arteta, Pienaar, Osman & Fellaini on the ball & knock it around a bit.

Hope it's a good game & we get the result & you get the title

I know what your saying kev, and i agree, but you only have to look at the results against, tottenham, newcastle, & west ham, all at the bridge.

All though all 3 games ended in a draw 1-1, 0-0, 1-1, all three of those teams could have nicked all 3 points , and by the reaction of their fans when the final whistle went you'd have thought they had won the league .

We drew one other game at home 1-1 against Man-u , the difference being that the manx attacked us from the off, but by the end we were unlucky not to have taken all three points, and missed chances / bad finishing, once again cost us.

As i have said, when teams set up defensively against us they get results, and if they happen to score first and keep their shape, our play becomes more & more desperate the longer the game go's on, Scolari has'nt a clue how to change it, and his substitutions are baffling , and the game against Roma away springs to mind, we were great for 35 minutes without creating a great deal because of the way roma were set up, but after they scored , and we started to chase the game, they smply kept their shape ,and played us on the break, and won the game comfortably 3-1. when we are chasing a game Scolari usually substitutes our most creative player ( joe cole ) then Obi- mikel , replaces them with players of lesser ability, and the full backs are encouraged to bomb on, leaving huge gaps in behind them , for the opposition to exploit, in lesser league's you might get away with it, but not in the premier... Scolari's simply not up to the job , but i hope he proves me wrong !

I reckon even Ince could have beaten Stoke, nice to see Big Sam got an easy start :lol:

I reckon even Ince could have beaten Stoke, nice to see Big Sam got an easy start :lol:

3-0 :yahoo:

• 1 month later...

Halaluyah, halaluyah halaluyah,

Scolari is no more, SACKED , YESSSSSSSSSS. I was watching sky when they announced scolari has been sacked, and i nearly fell off my seat, followed by whoops of delight , and the Irish jig,

The only problem now is, who will they bring in, i suppose Ray Wilkins will take charge in the short term, but i hope its just that ( short term )

Bring on Zola & Clarke, OH YES :band:

Don't think Zola would take the job right now, he seems pretty committed to West Ham & I don't think he's got enough experience to manage a club like Chelsea. If he does a decent job at West Ham he'll get the chance in the future & will maybe take it in 3 or 4 managers time when he'll have a lot more experience of management & be in a better position to handle it. That said, football is extremely fickle & somebody can easily go from the saviour of 1 club to the fall guy at another in a matter of months. If Chelsea did offer Zola the job now he might take it in case things go sour for a while at West Ham & he's thrown on the scrapheap, never getting the opportunity again.

We'll have to see but I feel both Chelsea & Portsmouth have let their fans down, if you as a board appoint somebody as a manager & then sack him 6 months later you've failed by appointing somebody you don't have enough confidence in to stick by if things don't go well immediately.

Don't think Zola would take the job right now, he seems pretty committed to West Ham & I don't think he's got enough experience to manage a club like Chelsea. If he does a decent job at West Ham he'll get the chance in the future & will maybe take it in 3 or 4 managers time when he'll have a lot more experience of management & be in a better position to handle it. That said, football is extremely fickle & somebody can easily go from the saviour of 1 club to the fall guy at another in a matter of months. If Chelsea did offer Zola the job now he might take it in case things go sour for a while at West Ham & he's thrown on the scrapheap, never getting the opportunity again.

We'll have to see but I feel both Chelsea & Portsmouth have let their fans down, if you as a board appoint somebody as a manager & then sack him 6 months later you've failed by appointing somebody you don't have enough confidence in to stick by if things don't go well immediately.

Hi Kev

Glad to see Everton going well, they have got a very good manager in Moyes, he seems to get the best out of what he's got, this stems from his ability to man manage and gain respect, he also has a little bit of tactical nous, i'm not saying he's the best, but when you add all thoes ingredients together, you have a very good manager on your hands... which leads me nicely onto my point...

Firstly, tactical nous... Scolari proved, ever since the liverpool ( at home ) and Roma away, defeats, that he does not possess a clue in how to influence a match ,iether in the form of changing the system within a game, or in the shape of substitutions, there never ever was a plan " B ", as i have said before, teams had learned how to stop us playing and beat us, but week in, week out the tactics remained the same, our ability to defend set pieces had become a joke, something had to give.

The players had stopped playing for Scolari he had lost the dressing room, there had been reports of dissalusionment, with outdated training methods , and any respect the players had for scolari had slowly ebbed away.

Last saturday against Hull, was the point in which the board had decided that enough was enough, however in my view , Scolari should have gone after the West Ham game, his lack of tactical nous, crazy substitutions, were as glaringly obvious as that ridiculous moustache under his assistant coaches nose.

And yes i agree with you that the board have let the fans down, but if you look throughout our history, the club has always imploded from within, just when we seem to have something going, we destroy ourselves, again and again, we had the best young manager in the world, but sacked him midway into his 4th season, the only way after Jose, is down, unless of course you can manage to appoint Sir Alex.

As for Gianfranco & clarkey, i don't think we will be getting them back any time soon, the one big thing that west ham have in their favour is that Franco is a gentleman and he would not walk out on west ham and leave them in the lurch , he will respect the fact that they have given him his big chance and endeavour to repay them by honouring his contract. However thats not to say we won't get him at the end of the season, because if chelsea approached west ham with an attractive offer, and they gave thier permission for Franco to talk to us then i'm sure we would get him.

Franco knows the club inside out, but more importantly so does steve Clarke, who has coached at the club for the past 20 years, and i'm sure they would be a success.

Who knows, maybe even dennis wise & poyet will make a return in the short term, as i have heard mentioned.... wisey, yes.. Poyet No, poyet should be strung up from the nearest lampost, the Tottenham turncoat, because when he left our club as a player, to join tottenham, he slagged the club off something terrible, and said a lot of bad things, which is why he always gets a bad reception when he comes back.

Anyway, if we can't have Franco, then at the end of the season, i would like to see iether Martin O'niel or cappello appointed, doubt though wether we'd get iether of those, oh well, never mind :(

I've heard that many times from Chelsea fans, Scolari does seem to have 1 way of doing things & doesn't want/know how to change it. 1 of Moyes' problems in the past (even at times earlier in this season) has been his inability to make the right substitutions at the right time but that seems to have changed recently. He does seem excellent at adapting to changing circumstances & keeping the results coming, the way we've been able to cope with our 4 strikers being injured - 3 of which are long-term ones & our best out of the 4 - has been fantastic.

I agree about Zola, he does seem to be a gentleman & I think he'll be loyal to somebody who has put a lot of faith in him but you're right, if Chelsea did throw a load of money at West Ham, it could be in their best interests for him to leave & so if he could go with the blessing of everyone at the club he may well do.

Apparently you're trying to get Avram Grant (who should never have been sacked in my opinion) back until the end of the season while you try to get Hiddink to leave Russia before the World Cup. If he wasn't interested they could take a chance on Zola but while he knows the club a lot better than most, you need more than that to manage a club like Chelsea. He could have what it takes to be an excellent manager but I think he'd be better getting experience elsewhere before taking over. You never know with anything in football but if he's good enough the chance should come again in the future & when it does he'll have learned more about how to handle the job.

As for Wise, if he's responsible for the debacle that was Newcastle's transfer dealings during the recent window, he should never be put in a position of power again. It was embarrassing, who the hell sells 1 of their most important players for £6m to a stupidly rich club who's desperate to sign him, then a couple of days later throws in a bid of £8m for a player who's out of favour at the same club? Anybody with any sense at all would say "Look, we know you want Given but he's 1 of our best players so unless you give us Johnson he's not going anywhere". It was so stupid it was funny & if it was Wise's doing (I'm not sure if it was but I know he's involved in transfers there) it will probably be a long time before he's given a position of power again.

Agreed... whilst i'm pleased Big Sam is doing ok i still think given time Ince could've improved.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links