Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tacho Wireing Up

-baker-

i have to a tacho to go in my 1989 rolla cs and i dont kno where to put the signial wire it saya onthe coil but there is no coil please help me

:!Removed!:

i had a tech wired in my 89 rolla for $60aus which should b like 20pound. i couldnt b bothered doing it myself, it was a 40deg day.

and yes u do have a coil, everycar does.

its the sliver cylinder shaped thing with 3 cables coming out the top, it wearabouts is the left infront of the wheel when ur looking under the hood. one of the wires on it goes off to the distributor...

my car is the model made in december 1989 it has a diffrent motor to the earlier 1989 i think they changed it in may thay year and i found the coil its in side the distruibtor and i carnt figure which one is signal wire so im gona try each

hi

is techo = tachometer put some pics of your engine bay in here i think i can tell you where to connect the wire if you still having problems

you will have a coil, if you're unsure follow the coil lead from the dizzy. then the wire you need is the black one. to check it (cos there are two wires) turn on the ignition and check the voltage of the other(might be red or somthing) wire (i.e earth probe of multimeter to a ground point, other one to the terminal to be checked) you should have 12v or there abouts. if so theen connect your tach to the black wire and job should be done

thanx dude i dont realy enen need a tacho its a auto but i dont want to blow the motor doing burn outs so it helps

it worked

**** IT DIDNT WORK all i coneeced it to each of the wires and it did nutting but on one of the wirers it went up to 2000rpm then when i reved it more it went to 0 so im gona stuff the hole tacho idear un less some one can help me