Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problem After Cambelt Replacement.

voo

Thanks, that's brilliant. I just hope a passer-by doesn't see me doing it. I always lock myself in even though this causes amusement from my passengers.

I think many people do - I always use to hit the button to lock the doors whenever I am in a built-up area as a sensible precaution not so much for car-jacking reasons but to stop anyone just opening a door, grabbing something and running away.

Like I said - it is a one-off process ;)

The reason you press the brake to clear the ecu , is to make the back lights use any remaining 12v Battery power left in the cars circuitry , that way you know the ecu is totally cleared of any 12 volt power. thus clearing its memory .

#

like id joke about it . :rolleyes:

Thanks you very much GT4 BOOSTER. We've just tried the 'resetting the ecu advice' you gave me and it seems to have lowered the revs and the engine is a lot quieter. There's still something a bit different than before but I'll gladly drive it now and see if it improves. (I didn't like driving it with high revs).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links