Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whos Got Most Powerful Mr2?

pizza boy

I was thinking of going for a Garret .. GT28 - but Owens hybrid will be so much easier.

On a budget

Stage 3 hybrid, new IC and a chip to map it all (maybe a 5th injector for the turbo).

I was thinking of going for a Garret .. GT28 - but Owens hybrid will be so much easier.

On a budget

Stage 3 hybrid, new IC and a chip to map it all (maybe a 5th injector for the turbo).

How much would that cost including labour?

On a side note wouldnt you need to uprate the top end on ur rev2 for this level of modification? Head, pistons blah blah?

I don't think the pistons would need touching .. I wanna get to the limit without opening it up ..

I'd have thought the more efficient turbo and intercooler .. would mean good boost and safe temps .. I'm only thinking about 300 bhp .. and then being able to run high boost for pod etc ..

Dunno about labour .. have to have a nice word with Millway .. see if they can "do me a deal" :thumbsup:

I was also thinking about either the garret turbo or the stage 3 hybrid.

For the stage 3 you would at least need forgies would you not ??

For stage 3 -

larger fuel injectors and forged pistons, uprated clutch, a chip of some sort to control the injectors ? Intercooler ?

..... but .... I don't think I'll be doing anything like that.

Gonna get the bodykit on and respray.. get me nice seats in (if I can get them in the country), take it to JAE, then most probably sell it at the end of September and get myself a Supra to start playing with. Must be a TT Aerotop tho ! (were these made?) I'll be 25, so insurance should be a bit better by then.. plus I wanna have some fun with my MR2 for a while.

It'll be a record owning a car for more than a year !!

Must be a TT Aerotop tho

Made - but like hens teeth ..

I'll be 25, so insurance should be a bit better by then

You recon .. it made bugger all differance to me really .. and you've not had your claim go through yet ..

Tell you the truth Jimlad it really isnt the age thing..its more of a claim thing with :censor: insurers. If youve crashed, according to them its hard evidence your risky. If you havent..your not. A 22 year old thats never been involved in a claim will get cheaper insurance than a 25 year old who has. Crap but true :(

Being 25 doesnt matter anymore either. The 'new' age for a 'mature' non-risky type driver is 30. Absolutley sux.

Being 25 doesnt matter anymore either. The 'new' age for a 'mature' non-risky type driver is 30. Absolutley sux.

yup - just as I get there, it goes up to 30 .. wait 5 years, it'll then be 35 by my luck ..

Heh count yourselves lucky.

I got quoted £250 on top of my normal premium, for fitting a supercharger to my bike. Then all of a sudden this turbo kit comes up cheap (£1100) so I snapped it up, and phoned my insurance company for confirmation. Seems that although I can get insured for the supercharger on the road, no-one will touch a turbo or nitrous (my kit is fitted with a nitrous spraybar too).

Looks like it's drag-racing only this year, until I find the £2600 +vat for a supercharger kit.

• 9 years later...

Sw20 3sgte sitting at 451 bhp. Will supply new dyno print out in a month or so as car getting further mods done at the moment hoping to crack 500bhp :)

• 3 weeks later...

The guys at the garage I use had an MR2 running over 700bhp. Until the engine ripped itself out of the chassis !

The RAVs I have use MR2 engines, with one engine heavily modified.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links