Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Xenon Aftermarket

rave

Hi, has anyone already mounted an aftermarket Bi-Xenon KIT H4 on a RAV4 MY2004? What brand it was ? Are you happy

with it? thanks guys!

Hi, has anyone already mounted an aftermarket Bi-Xenon KIT H4 on a RAV4 MY2004? What brand it was ? Are you happy

with it? thanks guys!

Boa noite, Rave, from rainy Ireland (oh, how I wish I was back in Portugal, where the sun shines and the people are great!)

I fitted Philips Xtreme Power H4 headlamps to my wife's 4.2 - they don't fit my 4.3, unfortunately - and they are fantastic. I had xenon bulbs in a Golf GTi and I have to say the Xtreme Power lamps are far better

The only other lighting "improvement" I have seen was We5ley's US Rav4 - he had projector headlights on the US 4.3 and they did look very cool. There's a link here and here

Best wishes

I have the same extremes on my 4.2 and are well worth it - excellent value for money

The xenon hid kits run very hot I think - would that work ok with the poly-plastic headlamp assys on the 4.2?

I have the same extremes on my 4.2 and are well worth it - excellent value for money

The xenon hid kits run very hot I think - would that work ok with the poly-plastic headlamp assys on the 4.2?

I`ve never thought of that, but you are probably right, that plastic from the headlight probably houldn`t take that much Heat...i`m just now looking on e-bay for those Extreme ;)

with it? thanks guys!

Boa noite, Rave, from rainy Ireland (oh, how I wish I was back in Portugal, where the sun shines and the people are great!)

I fitted Philips Xtreme Power H4 headlamps to my wife's 4.2 - they don't fit my 4.3, unfortunately - and they are fantastic. I had xenon bulbs in a Golf GTi and I have to say the Xtreme Power lamps are far better

The only other lighting "improvement" I have seen was We5ley's US Rav4 - he had projector headlights on the US 4.3 and they did look very cool. There's a link here and here

Best wishes

Hello Robert6920, nice to know you like it here, just today we where with a 32 Degrees Celsius and a lot of sun.......if you ever come back and would like me to recommend some places to know/go don`t hesitate to ask, Portugal as many Beautiful places to visit that normaly people don`t know because they always stick by Algarve... B)

Hello Robert6920, nice to know you like it here, just today we where with a 32 Degrees Celsius and a lot of sun.......if you ever come back and would like me to recommend some places to know/go don`t hesitate to ask, Portugal as many Beautiful places to visit that normaly people don`t know because they always stick by Algarve... B)

Well, after yesterday, I may well take you up on that - thank you!! My better half went to Dublin yesterday for lunch with her friends :meet: . She set off at 11am. It's a 45 minute journey. She's not back yet, thanks to flash floods in the nation's capital :boat:

Having spent 4 hours :crazy: trying to get out of Dublin, she "went home to Mum!!". Summer in Ireland.....

Well, after yesterday, I may well take you up on that - thank you!! My better half went to Dublin yesterday for lunch with her friends :meet: . She set off at 11am. It's a 45 minute journey. She's not back yet, thanks to flash floods in the nation's capital :boat:

Having spent 4 hours :crazy: trying to get out of Dublin, she "went home to Mum!!". Summer in Ireland.....

Just Pick a place: B) :D :D :D

http://www.wonderfulland.com/wonder2006/mapa_en.html

i noticed a 2003 rav thursday night, and the head lights were so bright in the car park. so it must of been one of the above . ive been looking at the bulbs on eBay Philips Xtreme Power look about the best bet cause as far as i can tell i can just replace the old bulbs with Philips Xtreme Power . am i right in thinking this and has any one managed to find them on eBay yet ( for a 2003 vx rav 4). dont wont to go and order the wrong ones . im after head light one not main beam. if any one finds them can you leave me a link on here many thank :D :D :D

i noticed a 2003 rav thursday night, and the head lights were so bright in the car park. so it must of been one of the above . ive been looking at the bulbs on ebay Philips Xtreme Power look about the best bet cause as far as i can tell i can just replace the old bulbs with Philips Xtreme Power . am i right in thinking this and has any one managed to find them on ebay yet ( for a 2003 vx rav 4). dont wont to go and order the wrong ones . im after head light one not main beam. if any one finds them can you leave me a link on here many thank :D :D :D

I just bought this ones and it seems to me they are the best deal on E-bay :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PHILIPS-H4-EXTREME-T...86.c0.m14.l1318

But you might wanna check the price on a dedicated "street store" first, despite i don`t think it will be easy to find cheaper ones, on E-BAY they go from 17 to 31 pounds.

You might wanna check this one out too, so you wont notice the colour diference inside the headlight (i bought them to) :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Philips-BLUE-Bluevis...11.c0.m14.l1318

On this ones i like better the Osram http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5W-OSRAM-Halogens-Co...11.c0.m14.l1318 (the same dealer as them) but thay are far to Expensive and the problem with this kind of bulbs is that if you have to replace one (for some reason) , you have to buy two again and the price it`s a little high... Hope it helped you...

Paid £17.45 back in May from an eBay seller called powerbulbs.co.uk. I am totally impressed (and I have my better half back, rescued from her Mum's :lol: )

Paid £17.45 back in May from an ebay seller called powerbulbs.co.uk. I am totally impressed (and I have my better half back, rescued from her Mum's :lol: )
I have just replaced all the front bulbs on my 4.3..the main headlamp bulbs are xenon HB3 (ring ultimate in a red package) and these H11 for the dipped beams I chose the £15-99 ones which give a nice clear white light, http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/h11-bulbs-c-659.html and you get 2 free blue sidelight bulbs; pleased with them all, though TBH i haven't been on any unlit roads with them yet..Only Osram of the well known manufacturers seem to do a H11xenon bulb, both ring + Phillips don't do them :unsure:

Paid £17.45 back in May from an ebay seller called powerbulbs.co.uk. I am totally impressed (and I have my better half back, rescued from her Mum's :lol: )
I have just replaced all the front bulbs on my 4.3..the main headlamp bulbs are xenon HB3 (ring ultimate in a red package) and these H11 for the dipped beams I chose the £15-99 ones which give a nice clear white light, http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/h11-bulbs-c-659.html and you get 2 free blue sidelight bulbs; pleased with them all, though TBH i haven't been on any unlit roads with them yet..Only Osram of the well known manufacturers seem to do a H11xenon bulb, both ring + Phillips don't do them :unsure:

They are pretty good Stew - I've noticed they give out the bluish halo near the top of the beam.

However, all these bulbs quoted here should not be confused with HID kits which use a bulb which "strikes up" an arc. These kits are far more effective but would cost more.

http://www.hids4u.co.uk/store/pages.php?pageid=1

Standard high intensity bulbs which are tinted blue are not the same as a HID bulb with a high colour temperature (blue tint) and as they are tinted they tend to not be as bright as a standard high intensity white bulb.

Beemers, Audis and Mercs usually have HID lighting. They appear to flash when they strike up and get brighter as they warm up. Colour temperature ranges from yellow through white to blue.

I fancy some for mine but will wait for Philips are Hella to do a decent kit. They actually run cooler than conventional xenon bulbs.

They are pretty good Stew - I've noticed they give out the bluish halo near the top of the beam.

However, all these bulbs quoted here should not be confused with HID kits which use a bulb which "strikes up" an arc. These kits are far more effective but would cost more.

http://www.hids4u.co.uk/store/pages.php?pageid=1

Standard high intensity bulbs which are tinted blue are not the same as a HID bulb with a high colour temperature (blue tint) and as they are tinted they tend to not be as bright as a standard high intensity white bulb.

Beemers, Audis and Mercs usually have HID lighting. They appear to flash when they strike up and get brighter as they warm up. Colour temperature ranges from yellow through white to blue.

I fancy some for mine but will wait for Philips are Hella to do a decent kit. They actually run cooler than conventional xenon bulbs.

I have a link for a site that sells them (HID) from Bosch, if you want i can look for it.

Hi!, can you tell me what happens when you install xenon with those alu guards/protectors that stand in front of the H4 Bulb? You keep them or remove it? I have one broken and i think it does not sold by itself???? thanks

I have a 2005 RAV4.2 and have a 6000K H4 xenon hi/low set also.

Bought it at a local shop for about 100GBP. It has no brand and looks like a eBay set from HongKong.

No problem with heat; xenon does not heat up like a halogen bulb.

No problem with the build-in guard; length of the xenon is same as halogen bulb.

No problem with pattern of light beam. Its tested on a machine at Mr T.

Only little problem was the blue high beam light on the dash. It needed a resistor to light up with the high beam.

Installation was plug-and-play exept 2 ground wires and one on the Battery.

• 5 months later...

Aftermarked xenon HID kit produce 35w, a standard bulb produce 55w. So the xenon bulb produce less heat, as well as it uses less power.

A standard bulb can in good cases be up to 1800lm A xenon bulb in 4300k is as much as 3100lm. 6000k 2800lm.

There is no question... the xenon HID kit is much better in every cases.

lm is the scale for brightness of light, stands for Lumen.

For the 4.3 rav, which bulbs/lights would you replace with a HID kit the main beams (hb3) or the dips (h11)? either way THIS COMPANY seem to do a kit for both, their ultimate kit reads well + promises no interference with your ecu or other electrical components, Which i wasn't aware could be a problem :unsure: Seems a lot of money for brighter lights though :eek:

For the 4.3 rav, which bulbs/lights would you replace with a hid kit the main beams (hb3) or the dips (h11)? either way THIS COMPANY seem to do a kit for both, their ultimate kit reads well + promises no interference with your ecu or other electrical components, Which i wasn't aware could be a problem :unsure: Seems a lot of money for brighter lights though :eek:

Hi LH,

I fitted bulbs and ballasts in my dip beams. The effect is unbelieveable. They are the 6000k ones and produce white with just the faintest hint of blue ( difficult to see the the blue, it's that feint ). I wrote to HIDS4U who supplied them and referred them to the legislation concerning fitting aftermarket HID.

They wrote back and said:

"Many thanks for your enquiry and I'm glad to hear you are happy with the kit. Unfortunately no aftermarket HID kit is strictly road legal as you are changing the lighting system (halogen to Gas discharge) in your car and for this reason the bulbs can't be E marked which is a legal requirement. You also won't have the self leveling and washer systems installed which is also a legal requirement for HID. Saying this however they will pass an MOT as the beam pattern and colour of the light (as long as you don't go higher than 6000K) will be correct and this is what gets tested in MOT's Hope this helps."

I'm going to leave the bulbs/ballasts in place and see if I have any "problems". As they just plug in with no changes to the wiring they could be changed back in about 20 minutes.

The existing connections for the bulbs plug into the ballast units and the wires from there go to the new bulbs. The cabling is excellent ( at 85v it needs to be! ) and the ballasts are mounted to the metal rail across the top of the radiator assembly and headlights. I'm considering fitting headlamp washers at the moment.

I have to say that I was a little annoyed that HIDS4U don't mention the legal problem anywhere on their website.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links