Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hilux Invincible 200/ Nissan Aventura Which Should I Buy?

jiphilux200

i am in the market for either a hilux invincible 200 or a nissan aventura. dont know which one to buy!!

both have their pros and cons!

nissan more gadgets etc hilux more powefull

can anyone please give me their opinion on which one to go for

thanks in advance jp :D

Hi I was partly responsible for the Hilux Invincible 200 production ( I worked at Toyota GB product planning ) and the hilux sport concept was my baby / creation.

The Hilux 200 has a limited run of 500 models only (as this was the maximum GmbH power chips the UK was allocated by Toyota Motor Europe)

The Hilux offers greater value for money than the Nissan (as done and worked out on a Jato comparison software), plus it is more powerful - but does not increase fuel consumption or emissions.

But it is down to your preference (such as looks), which both the Navara and Hilux are two good looking pick-ups. But also down to usage of the vehicle i.e. truck bed sizes.

I have driven both and my unbiased opinion is that the Hilux was more fun to drive but the Navara was a bit more refined.

Also Nissan have modified the Navara to take it up to a 3 star NCAP rating it also reasonably safe. Therefore, do not let it concern you unless you are buying used (pre-2008), in which case I would buy a Hilux every time.

A Lenghty reply, sorry but hope it is of use to you.

Along a similar theme but last year I compared the Nissan Pathfinder and the Toyota Land Cruiser.... both worthy cars but the strength and reliability of the LC sent me this way even though I had been a Nissan owner for a few years with 3 Primeras and a 350Z.

Your dilemma really is one that you have to sort for yourself.... you pays your money and you makes your choice. Good luck with whatever you buy :)

• 2 weeks later...
i am in the market for either a hilux invincible 200 or a nissan aventura. dont know which one to buy!!

hilux all the way...........................you not seen top gear their...................... indistructable

Hi I was partly responsible for the Hilux Invincible 200 production ( I worked at Toyota GB product planning ) and the hilux sport concept was my baby / creation.

The Hilux 200 has a limited run of 500 models only (as this was the maximum GmbH power chips the UK was allocated by Toyota Motor Europe)

The Hilux offers greater value for money than the Nissan (as done and worked out on a Jato comparison software), plus it is more powerful - but does not increase fuel consumption or emissions.

But it is down to your preference (such as looks), which both the Navara and Hilux are two good looking pick-ups. But also down to usage of the vehicle i.e. truck bed sizes.

I have driven both and my unbiased opinion is that the Hilux was more fun to drive but the Navara was a bit more refined.

Also Nissan have modified the Navara to take it up to a 3 star NCAP rating it also reasonably safe. Therefore, do not let it concern you unless you are buying used (pre-2008), in which case I would buy a Hilux every time.

A Lenghty reply, sorry but hope it is of use to you.

Responsible!! Were you now?! When you say "partly responsible," do you use that term quite loosely?

yes quite loosely, was part of a big team and I finished my placement before the main work was needed as I submitted the PID.

Anyhow ... how are you Pete? Still enjoying life at TGB? :P :lol:

yes quite loosely, was part of a big team and I finished my placement before the main work was needed as I submitted the PID.

Anyhow ... how are you Pete? Still enjoying life at TGB? :P :lol:

HI I WOULD GO FOR A TOYOTA ITS BY FAR A BETTER TRUCK AND HAVE YOU BEEN ON TO THE NISSAN SITE GO ON THIS AND YOU WILL SOON BUY A TOYOTA WWW.KNACKERDNAVARA.CO.UK ALL PUT THAT INTO GOOGLE AND LET ME KNOW

WHAT YOU THINK REGARDS TONY :D

• 2 weeks later...

PLEASE!!!! check the parkers customer reviews on their web site, I d say theres about 40 or 50 reviews on the Navara all slating it.

Do yourself a favour and buy the hilux its a far better truck. My father has a pathfinder aventura with all the toys and its rubbish, nissan 4x4s are basically pumped up cars not proper 4x4s in my opinion! Check out the svs or sampsons website they do a model called the intimidator which is well tooled up for the money compared with the 3.0d4d invincible, which is the model I have and thus far no problems after 20000 miles of work use, I d go with a manual though as I ve heard the auto is thirsty ( I m averaging just over 30 mpg)

Hope this helps

I'm part exchanging my 2005 pathfinder today for a land cruiser - the engine in the pathfinder is a renault Dci - not japanese and not reliable - I've had the fuel pump and injectors (car at dealers for 4 weeks!), part of the exhaust, the clutch and flywheel replaced in the past 6 months (all paid for by Nissan -'cept the exhaust - the warranty claims are no trouble at all) - I'm just past 60k so I have to pay from now on so not worth the trouble.

I have a client who's Navvy engine destroyed itself after 22,000 miles (£11k repair paid for by Nissan again) - when they run they are great but the marriage of Renault and Nissan has, in my opinion, not improved Nissan.

• 3 months later...

Hello buddy ,i am new here but i thought i would just give you my two peneth worth!

Alot of what i have read here are very suspect opinions regarding the navara D40 !

You see i buy/sell the new Hilux and the new navara ! so i can sell you both BTW :D

My brother is currently running the invincible 200 ! Its a great truck and goes well !

But when Toyota claims the extra 30bhp you get with the 200 dont affect mpg their lieing their ubiks off !

My bro has got a job to get 20 mpg outa that new invincible 200 ! :(

And another thing worth a note is that it ain't that much faster than the standard invincible :( Just a bit quicker off the mark !

invincible 200 reminds me of the chipped Navara d40s i have drove,their just alittle bit quicker off the mark !

Believe it or not the navara still is the faster,with its 6 speed gearbox you get higher motorway speeds than what you can get out of the Hilux!

That being said IMO the hilux is built better !

Yeah but if you have a Nissan you don't measure it in Miles Per Gallon......it's Miles Per Engine........A nissan is very economical as they spend a lot of their time stood still on a ramp in a grarage.

The only thing i was dissapointed with the Toyota Hilux was that there was no climate control option......,.Nissan offer this on their Aventura

The only thing i was dissapointed with the Toyota Hilux was that there was no climate control option......,.Nissan offer this on their Aventura

I think this will be available on the 2009 Hilux.

• 2 months later...

Hi There,

I took delivery of a new 200 at the beginning of March and must say am I glad I did not buy a Nissan.

So far I am averaging about 28 MPG pulling trailers most of the time and getting 31 MPG on normal running, this with the Auto trans. This is taken from the mileage and the fuel put in, not the readout on the console, even though that is pretty accurate.

A friend of mine has a Navara and there is no comparison in the two vehicles, yes the Navara has more creature comforts but you only have to look at the resale values to see which is the most proven.

The performance between the two is also like the hare and the tortoise.

Thank you Toyota, and please continue building this fine vehicle.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi There,

I took delivery of a new 200 at the beginning of March and must say am I glad I did not buy a Nissan.

So far I am averaging about 28 MPG pulling trailers most of the time and getting 31 MPG on normal running, this with the Auto trans. This is taken from the mileage and the fuel put in, not the readout on the console, even though that is pretty accurate.

A friend of mine has a Navara and there is no comparison in the two vehicles, yes the Navara has more creature comforts but you only have to look at the resale values to see which is the most proven.

The performance between the two is also like the hare and the tortoise.

Thank you Toyota, and please continue building this fine vehicle.

Nice......Good choice......wish i got 28mpg towing.......i average around 25.5mpg with nothing on the back.....maybe my right foot is a little heavier than yours!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links