Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finaly Sold My Lex And Am 2weeks Away From Mr2

TheDon

Well i posted ages ago on some advise for buying an MR2, and yesterday i agreed the sale on the IS200. so on the 18th i get the money and will run and get my 1998 mr2 gt tbar rev 5.

just a few bits need sorting out but im getting this car for £4900. so thats not too bad at all.

gotta get the car checked over by the rac or someone b4 i part with the cash.

as far as exhasuts go, i realy want to stick with hks. but i love the twin tail pipes. im so confused with what to go for. are there any effective well built systems with twin 4" tail pipes out there worth having?

cheers guys. i hope to post here often

No exhaust help for you,

but sounds like you have found the MR2 at a bargin price.

Hope its gets a clean bill of health. :)

Its funny, everyone says they love the twin exhausts on my MR2 when they see it, and it seems to be a love of a lot of owners. But I !Removed! hate them! I want a lovely 4inch backbox on one side on mine, but just can't afford it right now :(

Hayward & Scott do a very nice system for the Mk2 Turbo, I think it comes with de-cat pipe etc, and you can have whatever sized tips you want as they are hand built to order.

unfortunately its not a turbo version as i cant get insured on a turbo. shame.

might go with the engine transplant in a few years.

i think i will probably go for a hks hiper muffler as i had one on the IS200 and was realy happy with the sound. does anyone have one they are selling? i think i will go for a drivers side exit. has anyone got anything bad to say about them? ground clearance issues etc.

i realy do apreciate any help and hope to start contributing positively soon rather than asking lots of dumb ***** questions/ :eek:

cheers man. dont suppose you could give me a link to a decent pic of the mongoose exhaust could you. as the one on their site has a generic mini photo. cheers

as far as exhasuts go, i realy want to stick with hks. but i love the twin tail pipes. im so confused with what to go for. are there any effective well built systems with twin 4" tail pipes out there worth having?

Garage ********ui SPL Departure II (Phoenix Power)

Piping diameter: 75mm decreasing to 65mm(Regular) or 85mm (Pro)

Tip diameter: 115mm

Exhaust material: Part stainless steel

Number of tips: Dual

Number of mufflers: Dual

Retail price: 100,000 Yen

spl85mm.jpg

Cheers

KiwiMR2

rear.jpg

also...

car1.jpg

Nice looking and even better sounding !! ( ask Jappybeast, as he heard it for the first time the other week )

the mongoose one looks a lot better than i imagined. i think thats a definate contender for now. has anyone heard it on a n/a mr2. does it sound as good as the turbo version?

cheers for the pics guys

The Mongoose for the n/a looks different. It doesn't have rolled ends..

Smiffad has one.. there's a post somewhere with a pic of his car in it.

Here's a link to the post... link

Doesn't look as good in my opinion.

I think this just looks daft....

i agree! :blink: :ffs:

Looks real aggresive to me....I like it :P

Butterfly 304

Piping diameter: 3 inch

Tip diameter: 4 inch

Exhaust material: Full T304 stainless steel

Number of tips: Dual outlet resonated

Number of mufflers: Dual

Retail price: $1,250.00

butterfly1.jpg

Cheers

KiwiMR2

GReddy SP

Piping diameter: 60mm

Tip diameter: 100X110mm

Exhaust material: Part stainless steel

Number of tips: Dual

Number of mufflers: Single

Retains stock secondary cat and b-pipe

Retail price: $700.00

greddyexhaust-1.jpg

Cheers

KiwiMR2

loving the greedy exhaust, thats the kind of look im wanting. wonder if i am gonna have to import me one of these. who is greedy's offical importer?

I think this just looks daft....

spl85mm.jpg

i agree! :blink: :ffs:

hmmm orange county... i think i have seen this car in the flesh!

hmmm orange county... i think i have seen this car in the flesh!

Gen II, Gen III wanna be ;)

I like it though :bye:

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Im gonna swim against the wave and say that I think that Garage ********ui SPL Departure II (Phoenix Power) looks pretty dam sweet. Remeber your seeing it from quite a low point of view. Ive seen it in the skin and it looks great imo. The Butterfly is VERY nice too its a shame you dont get european/UK companies making stuff like that cos it just costs so much to import. I dont really like that Greddy un...it has to be two separate canisters like the others (mongoose too) for me.

If you like single zorsts TheDon ye should look into the Blitz NUR. Its like the Hiper muffler (very similar sound)but with a far better finish. Plus with single exit zorsts you get the benifit of less wieght especially with the Blitz un.

Oh an BTW jimlad clean those darn tailpipes! The polished finish cannot be seen at all in your pic heh :)

I'm thinking of contacting Hayward&Scott when I get my exhaust, I would like larger rolled in tips, which the mongoose doesn't offer for an n/a. And every tom ***** & Harry has a mongoose... I'm going to try and make mine a bit different/customed.