Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Watery Avensis

Taffylad

Hi Folks new to this forum (first post)

Got me a 2001 Avensis. Lovely motor runs like a dream. The only problem is after a carwash or rain when I turn corners I can hear water sloshing about behind the dashboard area. Fortunately it's not coming into the cabin or leaking on the carpets. The drain holes that I can see under the car seem clear enough.

Where would I start to look to cure this annoying problem. Or has anyone experienced this before and how did they cure it. I thought maybe pour some sink unblocker over the screen and let it run into any drain holes ....... LOL

Hank

welshflaganim.gif

Hi Folks new to this forum (first post)

Got me a 2001 Avensis. Lovely motor runs like a dream. The only problem is after a carwash or rain when I turn corners I can hear water sloshing about behind the dashboard area. Fortunately it's not coming into the cabin or leaking on the carpets. The drain holes that I can see under the car seem clear enough.

Where would I start to look to cure this annoying problem. Or has anyone experienced this before and how did they cure it. I thought maybe pour some sink unblocker over the screen and let it run into any drain holes ....... LOL

Hank

welshflaganim.gif

Lift the bonnet and there are 2 drain holes one at each side, just below the scuttle. Difficult to see as they are obscured. I used a length of curtain wire to clear them. they exit the car behind the wheel arch.

Thanks Timsom

I'll get some of that wire and give it a go

Hank

welshflaganim.gif

Thanks Timsom

Hank

welshflaganim.gif

Any luck? I have the exact same "issue" with my 02 avensis. I will check my drain holes asap.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks Timsom

Hank

welshflaganim.gif

Any luck? I have the exact same "issue" with my 02 avensis. I will check my drain holes asap.

Hi Timson

Couldn't find the holes but just had a poke around. The problem seemed to go away but has now returned. Strange thing is it only happens some times. With all this bad weather you'd think it would be there all the time but NO !! Odd or what

Taffylad

welshflaganim.gif

http://www.linedanceincardiff.co.uk/

Thanks Timsom

Hank

welshflaganim.gif

Hi Timson

Couldn't find the holes but just had a poke around. The problem seemed to go away but has now returned. Strange thing is it only happens some times. With all this bad weather you'd think it would be there all the time but NO !! Odd or what

Taffylad

welshflaganim.gif

http://www.linedanceincardiff.co.uk/

Use a mirror and a torch or do it from underneath towards the top.

• 1 month later...

Timson:

I have still not been able to fix the issue.

Do you mean here?

49591103xk2.jpg

Or here?

33920801oq9.jpg

I have tried looking from inside the wheel compartment but can not find the drain.

Cheers

Timson:

I have still not been able to fix the issue.

Do you mean here?

49591103xk2.jpg

Or here?

33920801oq9.jpg

I have tried looking from inside the wheel compartment but can not find the drain.

Cheers

Picture 2 front left of the hinge looking at the picture.

• 5 months later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links