Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie With Some Questions

M1C VX

Hi guys

Just bought a CTS not supercharged version

loving the car but seems to take a while to get to the lift point

does the supercharged version still have the lift point at 6200 and does it get it there much quicker

would the supercharged parts from the supercharged version bolt on to mine and would it need to be mapped to suit,

not sure about compression ratio's either

or could i keep my eyes peeled for a supercharged version in a salvage yard somewhere and do an engine swap

cheers and ill get some pics up soon

compressors lift point is reduced to 5200 ,

yes they would

yes you could

but TBH you'd be much better off trading in against a compressor version tbh , its just not the engine thats modified , it has a tweaked chassis , better suspension and wider wheels to help cope with the extra power , companies such as silverstone performance and prolex uk can do the conversion but at a price , compressors are trading at around 10k - 12 k now for a very low milage one , i know which id prefer between a tweaked cts and a proper cts-c

stephen

Totally agree with the above, its much better to buy the factory car than trying to upgrade a standard CTS.

The cost alone would make it a no brainer imo.

but

if i could find one in salvage somewhere, i know this will be hard as they are rare

might not cost as much to get done

is it the exact same engine but with a supercharger added and the lift point reduced

yes it is the same engine but with supercharger, lift point lowered an smoothed out bit.

i agree with wot everyone else is sayin mate i'd go for a proper cts-c, cos apart from the supercharger, you also get 17inch alloys, twin exhaust with rear skirt on bumper, Eibach springs an dampers an some extra strut braces

i remember one bein on eBay being sold for bits cos it burnt out, think there's a guy on here who got the engine an puttin it in mr2

so that makes the count down to 249 in uk so think you would really struggle to find one in salvage too

but

if i could find one in salvage somewhere, i know this will be hard as they are rare

might not cost as much to get done

is it the exact same engine but with a supercharger added and the lift point reduced

Why did you buy the CTS ? You clearly should have bought a Compressor. Why on earth would you want to go to all that trouble just to have an earlier lift. Looks like you did not do your home work before buying the car...........

Buy a Camcon controller and use that to lower your lift point.

Dont be afraid to drop her down a few gears to hit lift right away and use half thottle gear changes too especially going from 1st-2nd, works for me without any of this camcom crap.

LMAO , have you read the instructions to set those up , id be bored before i set AFR tbh , not very user friendly ,

and has anyone lowered the lift point on a cts and got any true gains , surely there would be a drop off in torque due to lack of airmass

Dont be afraid to drop her down a few gears to hit lift right away and use half thottle gear changes too especially going from 1st-2nd, works for me without any of this camcom crap.

That's not technically lowering the lift point!! :lol:

LMAO , have you read the instructions to set those up , id be bored before i set AFR tbh , not very user friendly ,

and has anyone lowered the lift point on a cts and got any true gains , surely there would be a drop off in torque due to lack of airmass

I've seen the instructions, but i don't want to use all my holidays up setting the damn thing up! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links