Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio Amp

steve&tz

I was working on my wifes car to day fitting Speakers in the front doors . When i connected them they did n work , so i had a look at the amp ( behind the n/s quarter pannel cover and it is not there . It appears that some one has removed it and ran new wires from the head unit back and connected into the speaker lines wnere they shold cennect to the amp . Can any body give me some info about the sound system in these cars , its a 91 rev 1 3sge import with the premiun sound system . As the car sits now it only has 2 Speakers working in the 1/4 pannels and the sub behind the n/s seat . The 2 door Speakers and the 2 tweeters dont work . The car is using a minestery of sounds head unit

hmm, why do people play with car audio when they dont know what there doing :( (not you)

first off how is it wired up at the front?

on an active system the toyota unit doesnt use the traditional outputs you would expect aka it doenst have an internal amplifyer. it used pre amp outs on the headunit and the amp at the back n/s quater. The wires go in to the amp, are amplified and then passed out to the speekers

im not sure how you are wireing up your sterio at the moment, if you have used the correct active iso adapter from your head unit to the toyota loom then your using your pre outs to power the speekers, which simpaly isnt going to work as there isnt the voltage to do so. you can check whats going on by taking a multimeeter to the + - on the speekers, if you see about 0.4v 0.5v your connected to your pre outs, if its nothing. no power is getting from the head unit to the speekers

you have 2 options, find a amp of a car getting broken (please make sure its the right one as the wireing harness is differnt between the rev 1 and 2

and plug it in connect it as should be

or your going to need to take some wire cutters to the loom and make sure your active outputs on your headunit are actualy powering the speekers. also note the amp is powerd so be carfull with shorts ect

sorry i cant be more help, im in the same boat. im currently wating for a loom to wire mine back up to and get the amp working. google two's are us they will have the loom you need

hmm, why do people play with car audio when they dont know what there doing :( (not you)

first off how is it wired up at the front?

on an active system the toyota unit doesnt use the traditional outputs you would expect aka it doenst have an internal amplifyer. it used pre amp outs on the headunit and the amp at the back n/s quater. The wires go in to the amp, are amplified and then passed out to the speekers

im not sure how you are wireing up your sterio at the moment, if you have used the correct active iso adapter from your head unit to the toyota loom then your using your pre outs to power the speekers, which simpaly isnt going to work as there isnt the voltage to do so. you can check whats going on by taking a multimeeter to the + - on the speekers, if you see about 0.4v 0.5v your connected to your pre outs, if its nothing. no power is getting from the head unit to the speekers

you have 2 options, find a amp of a car getting broken (please make sure its the right one as the wireing harness is differnt between the rev 1 and 2

and plug it in connect it as should be

or your going to need to take some wire cutters to the loom and make sure your active outputs on your headunit are actualy powering the speekers. also note the amp is powerd so be carfull with shorts ect

sorry i cant be more help, im in the same boat. im currently wating for a loom to wire mine back up to and get the amp working. google two's are us they will have the loom you need

Thanks for the info , the current sterio is connected with an iso plug that has been joined on to the orignal loom . In the n/s 1/4 the plug that should feed from the amp to the Speakers has had the wires disconected ( at the bullet type pligs ) and then new wires have been ran up the car to the head unit . I will have to pull out the head unit and check wat messing has been done there . The site two's r us is a great site i nhave look at it before , im considering buying the poly bushing kit for the suspension that they sell , it seems like good value