Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Starlet 1.5d

redbarney

hi all, ive just bought a 1988 Starlet 1.5 D (NP70), and im only just beginning to understand how flippin rare it is. it seems the only websites that talk about it are in russian. its a LHD which i bought when i was in France. i was just wondering if anyone new much about it really? id like to do it up a bit but im not sure whether the parts from an EP7* would fit it. is it simliar to the petrol versions (apart from the motor of course). and to be honest is it worth me doing up or should i flog it and get a petrol version. its in pretty good nick and id lke to keep it cos its wicked fun to drive but im getting depressed that getting parts for it seems to be impossible. any help would be greatly aprreciated. thanks.

photo coming soon

I never even knew there was a Starlet 1.5 D !

I would have thought that the parts would mainly be identical to the petrol variants though - it's not prudent to make 2 massively different cars to accomodate an engine. Are you after anything specific for it or is it just a general question ?

( oh, and Welcome to TOC )

cheers for the replies folks. and trust me on this, it does actually exist. i think its a v rare jap import, not that i realised this before buying it of course. my current problem is the exhuast. the one on it seems to have been botched together by someone with a blue peter Badge for mechanics and no concept that holes and gaps in an exhuast are bad...i need a real exhaust to pass an MOT, so any ideas where i could get one would be greatly appreciated. im hoping its the same as for the petrol engine. also any essential mods to make my diesel monster run a bit better. thanks again folks, without you id be up ***** creek in a leaky diesel canoe with a paddle that no one seems to know exists

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links