Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

It Begins...

JustJJ

Seeing as its a little quiet and I havent posted here in ages I thought I'd drag my other post across here...

Some of you know me and my car.. and may appreciate it

Some of you know me and my car.. and wont appreciate it

Some of you might be interested cause its an MR2 and its something that can be done to it relatively easily

Some of you really wont give a **** :P

So.. here you go..

Well,

Seeing as Skye was on the list for show cars at JAE on the MR2OC stand, I figured (with a little help) that I should really get around to sorting some of the niggly bits that would bring her down.

So...

Stage 1

Whitworthmike (MR2OC) very kindly sorted out the new discs, pads, rocker seals, gear shifter bearings, full underseal.. (and possibly a couple of other things I cant remember!) with my help...

Yes boys and girls, I love to get my hands dirty too!! :D

I had to put her old standard wheels back on because the split rims are in need of a proper refurb and wont be finished in time for JAE... I dont like the standards.. but hey ho!

Stage 2

Wibble(MR2OC) gave me a call and offered his help in getting her looking pretty... to which I jumped at the offer! So yesterday and today we stripped bits off the engine, sprayed, polished and cleaned....

Then today it was off to see Whitworthmike(MR2OC) AND Wibble(MR2OC) and some bodywork needed spraying, calipers painting(tho I think I need to get a better colour match on the blue) and the engine X brace spraying and refitting.

There is still a fair amount left to do before she is ready for JAE, and of course still tonnes to do before I will ever call her 'finished'...

But onto the best bits... the pics!!

Calipers Painted, Old Wheels Back On:

10082008382.jpg

Side Skirts Painted:

10082008381.jpg

Nose Repaired and Painted:

10082008378.jpg

Here was the engine BEFORE the magic was applied (cept it was a bit grubbier):

DSC00067.jpg

And now AFTER:

10082008379.jpg

10082008380.jpg

I cant thank the two Mikes enough for all they have done and still continue to do for/with me and my car... we make a great team!! I love them both :)

So there you have it.... a weekend for the cosmetics so far... and yes, I know my nose Badge is missing, the area needs some TLC and then I have a new Badge to reapply.

:thumbsup:

Good job JJ, the engine bay looks a lot smarter B) :toast:

I think you may be right about the colour match on the calipers - looks a bit odd because its not the same as the car , but all in all it looks great :thumbsup:

Teegs x

Thanks guys n girls :)

Still got more to do.. am itching to work on her this weekend.. lets pray the weather holds out!

Hey hon, as mentioned before, Skye is looking lush, hope Kiya will look as good when the 2 Mikes are finished with her. minus engine work!

I am looking forward to seeing her with the new Badge on.

See you soon.x

Nothing wrong with my alarm Jappy.... just a problem with the person trying to use it ;)

And Les.. yeah.. tried to spray em but it didnt work... so trying a different tack ;) they will be there tho!

Well, today I valeted my car......well I tried, but I couldn't get near her, a mate of mine was intent on doing the cleaning for me. :hug:

Anyway, inside all hoovered and shampooed, outside is gleaming.....tomorrow she gets her new steering wheel and lights and a little touch up on the paint, then waxed and polished.

In time for JAE. :clap:

Mine will get a quick wash and polish later this week ..........................if I get a chance ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links