Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speed Cameras

gavleash

• 4 weeks later...

Is it possible to get the speed camera data base on the sat nav points of interest like on the Garmin & tom tom's :rolleyes:

I'd be interested in this as well...

Yes it is, some you pay for, others which are free are not as likely to be up to date

POCKETGPS WORLD do such a database at £19 per year subscription

When you pay a subscription to the above, you also get included a database of 300,000 points of interest, petrol stations etc

Kingo :thumbsup:

Yes it is, some you pay for, others which are free are not as likely to be up to date

OK, but what do you get for the subscription and how do you get it onto the Prius's navigation system?

OK, but what do you get for the subscription and how do you get it onto the Prius's navigation system?

I've used the Pocketgpsworld database on my Garmin for some time and it's great, apart from the fact that it still includes quite a few camera sites that no longer exist. I'd love to know of a way to get this database into my Prius Spirit, but I suspect it's not possible. In areas I'm not familiar with, I sometimes use the Prius satnav and the Garmin system together, just so that I get warnings about cameras. The Garmin system provides more than just a warning about camera locations: it also displays the speed limit in force at the location of any camera, so you don't have to look around for a speed limit sign to check that you're not over the limit.

So Can the prius navigation system be upgraded to show warnings of speed cameras etc ??

I have been to the website, searched the forums and found only negative replies. Anyone else got any information ??

I'd be very interested in this as well...

So Can the prius navigation system be upgraded to show warnings of speed cameras etc ??

I have been to the website, searched the forums and found only negative replies. Anyone else got any information ??

I'd be very interested in this as well...

My guess is that Parts-King doesn't always read everything he replies to that Carefully ;-)

I haven't seen any evidence of being able to bulk-add POI to the Prius nav system. That would suggest you can't add speed cameras to it.

Time to revert to the Mk I eyeball ;-)

Your right, I didnt read it properly. I thought you wanted it on a Tom Tom or Garmin :blush:

No it's not possible to do it on a Prius as the info is read off a DVD, the same for any other DVD based system. You can do it on a Garmin etc because it is usually on an SD card, sorry for any confusion, I wont let it happen again :hammer::lol:

• 1 month later...
Your right, I didnt read it properly. I thought you wanted it on a Tom Tom or Garmin :blush:

No it's not possible to do it on a Prius as the info is read off a DVD, the same for any other DVD based system. You can do it on a Garmin etc because it is usually on an SD card, sorry for any confusion, I wont let it happen again :hammer::lol:

How is it then that I can get live traffic updates & warnings if it is all from the disc

How is it then that I can get live traffic updates & warnings if it is all from the disc

Traffic updates will come from TMC radio broadcasts. Speed camera info that I've seen is added as POI data, I've always assumed that that type of data is different from traffic updates.

Wonder if they can mark on the GPS display location of predator UAV and helicopters that are now used to do you with added stealth!

This country is turning into a joke!

We are watched, monitored and controlled 24/7....

I need to go....I think they are on to me!!! Or is it my paranoia!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links