Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica Idea Out Of The Window

Yarisboy

french cars have the pedals set for women with small feet.. i cannot drive any of em.

your best bet is to higher your excess that will drop the premium!

yeah.. my excess is £1000!

Nice cars cost money.... :ffs:

Forget the 306 though...they sound so :censor:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yarisboy

• Oli

• knowlson

• dave5282

haha, in starnage way that makes sense yarisboy! but you'll have a nice road trip doing it! :P

:P

ok... well i've pondered enough today, i'm off to sleep on it cos i'm knackered... hopefully my head will be clearer tomorrow and i'll see the light... and stick with the celica

thanks once again to everyone who's helped me in my threads, it's much appreciated!

:group-cuddles:

Sam

Go get your celica, insure it under mum and dad, then in a few years time when you want a faster car but cant insure it because you have no NCB, come back and start another 5 threads about the same thing.

It seems you only listen to the people you know on here, as there have been others that have given good advice but it has been blatantly ignored.

Go get your celica, insure it under mum and dad, then in a few years time when you want a faster car but cant insure it because you have no NCB, come back and start another 5 threads about the same thing.

It seems you only listen to the people you know on here, as there have been others that have given good advice but it has been blatantly ignored.

If i'm 25 i can still use my "mum and dads" insurance. I know it's not always the best route but it got me my Celica at 20yrs old.

I'm happy. :P

You might be happy now, but what hapens when you come get your own insurance?? Just dont think when you hit 25 it all becomes cheap, its NCB that counts.

I done something very similar, im now 28 with 2 years NCB with a group 17/18 car and pay silly money, just because i dont have the NCB.

You might be happy now, but what hapens when you come get your own insurance?? Just dont think when you hit 25 it all becomes cheap, its NCB that counts.

I done something very similar, im now 28 with 2 years NCB with a group 17/18 car and pay silly money, just because i dont have the NCB.

Well if your talking from experice i can't argue..

But would you sell your car is my situation and start on my own insurance with a group 4/5 car?

I'm sure i'll realise in a few years but i'm young and loving it. :thumbsup:

Dunno bout that I know people that have got really good quotes after they were over 25 clean license no points and had 0ncb after drivin for years on mums an dads policy. It really dependant on the insurer in my view.

Yarisboy I dunno if thisll make any difference but ever thought of gettin an E36 bmw 318? Looks nice goes well, decent mpg, built well and is as rock solid in reliability terms as Toyotas. My brother was 19 when he bought his and his cover was...wait forit...£560 under pops policy. Even tho they are group 11-12 they still are cheap to get insured on. Well worth considerin m8.

I'll second those that say that you should try and build up your own NCB. You just need to be patient for a couple of years. While you wait why not try something like a Corolla or a Civic, since you don't seem to want to take another Yaris? There are fun versions of both that shouldn't break the bank for the insurance.

While I'm not as predjudiced against French cars as some (wonder why?) I'd not suggest the 106/Saxo, for the simple reason that they are just not solid (see the crash test piccies in this thread).

I'll agree with this as well. I built up my NCB driving a Punto for a couple of years and am now enjoying cheaper insurance on the Avensis as a result (I'm 29 and I think the insurance is still expensive with 5yrs NCB).

I'm also glad I learnt in a low powered car as it taught me that speed isn't necessary to get you out of trouble. When you only have 55bhp on tap you just have to be very careful and not put yourself in the direct path of other vehicles in the first place.

For me the ultimate small car will always be an original Mini (Cooper S or 1275GT), I hate those new "things" that sort of look like a mini but are way too big.

Im glad (in a way) I have started to build my NCB, I have also lost a years worth a few years back..at 19 that hurts!, but hey its life you learn by your mistakes.

Im quite keen to get fully independant as soon as, and this is just one of those ways of standing on your own. But hey at the end of the day its the motor that matters and if saving a packet on your insurance helps well so be it! :thumbsup:

PS why a pug? You could better that surelly? hell even a few laughs can be had in a late previous shape Micra (that is a ded cert...mock me now, but I stand by it!)

oops forgot the cheapest fun car on the road MINI cheers dazwan :lol::lol: Ive got one as a second car :lol::lol: ooops

Get one mate a nice 1.3 cooper for about 2k!!

Cheap on petrol

cheap to insure

but there cack in a crash big time I speak from Experience :lol::lol:

I dont know why everyone hates the 106 rallye :crybaby::crybaby: yes there french yes there cack in crashes but where talking about a 1994 car not a 2000 yaris!!! those crash pictures are all ok but the 106 in that picture is a 1998 version!!! there was no euro ncap test for a 1994 106 rallye!!!

Don't forget that the mini engine is really basic. I learnt a great deal about engines from this car. Anyone who wants to go under the bonnet would get a great deal from such a simple engine design (after all, it is pretty much a 1960's design for most of the mini's produced).

I know 2 people who had saxo/106's and both had the same problem with the airbag light constantly coming on every time the drivers seat was moved, both cars were repeatedly in and out of the garage to fix the problem.

I personally prefer the Clio over the 106. But go for a yaris if you want a new car. For the 1ltr the insurance is super cheap, and it's a Toyota to boot :D

dpnt go french ive never seen a decent french car!

wot bout a corolla 1.4 vvti?? nice motor, cheap an all that, an it a toyota!

:thumbsup:

hatfield_1.thumb.jpg

Yours wouldn't happen to be French, would it? :P :P

Hear Hear!!!

Designed in Japan, Built in Britain

Its all good!!!!!

Hi guys

I've had 2 years experience in a 1.0 yaris... having only 60bhp u learn not to put urself in oncoming traffic also :lol:

contrary to what people might think i'm actually not a boy racer, I don't break the speed limit unless the conditions are good to do so... I detest saxo's, corsa's, punto's etc... which is why i'm looking for something a little different in the first place.

I have considered a nice example of a 306 Dturbo today as they're cheap to insure, great on economy and a little bit of diesel power to boot! :D

i'd look ridiculous in a mini guys... sorry :( gorgeous things though :thumbsup:

anyway, i've been on the phone to tesco and adrian flux today.. will give u a little run down of their offers;

Adrian flux:

gen5 celica 2.0 GT - £3500 3rd party, £6000 Fullycomp

106 rallye - £2800 TP, didn't bother asking about Fullycomp :rolleyes:

Tesco:

gen5 celica 2.0 GT - £1800 3rd party , £2400 Fullycomp with standard excess etc (wow! :o )

gen6 celica 1.8 ST - £1970 3rd party , £2590 Fullycomp

106 rallye 1.3 - £2111 3rd party

306 Dturbo 1.9 - £1500 3rd party , £2000 Fullycomp

Civic 1.6 VTEC - £2000 3rd party

So.... duno about you but those prices from Tesco are making the celica a pretty attractive option to me now!

Adrian Flux can flux off with those prices!

just gonna have to bite the bullet and drive careful for a year with tesco on 3rd party with a celica I think :)

gen5 celica 2.0 GT - £1800 3rd party , £2400 Fullycomp with standard excess etc (wow! :o )

gen6 celica 1.8 ST - £1970 3rd party , £2590 Fullycomp

106 rallye 1.3 - £2111 3rd party

306 Dturbo 1.9 - £1500 3rd party , £2000 Fullycomp

Civic 1.6 VTEC - £2000 3rd party

Sounds more positive... Good luck in whatever you decide :thumbsup:

if insurance is still the problem, try CIS. its who im gonna use (under a parent's name). everywhere else was quoting £1200 + 3rd party, and they'll do it for £800 fully comp

hatfield_1.thumb.jpg

Yours wouldn't happen to be French, would it? :P :P

nope MADE IN JAPAN

Sam,

Try norwich union they are the cheepest i have found. or try eagle star i was with them for the last 2 years.

They where the only company that would give me a decent price on my 5th gen 2 years ago.

hopefully they can help you.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links