Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Where's The T Sport Forum?

butterman

I am an ardent supporter of change when it improves things for the masses, but imo all this has succeeded in doing is making things harder to find in busy forums such as the Yaris and Corolla sections.

They go on about the alienation that the sub forums caused as the TS sections were seen as prestigious or something like that, but a sub forum is exactly that - a child forum belonging to a main parent. There is (again imo) no prestige attached to sub forums.

I'd also like to hold up Smoftah as a poster child for the TS forums as he seemingly spends more of his time posting in the CTS section than the main Corolla one - and he drives a diesel. If he felt alienated in any way I am sure he would stop posting in there. In fact when he double posted the same thread about his new compressor bumper in both the main and CTS forums, he got a much larger response from the CTS section.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Norfolk n Chance

• ae102

• Boro Sera

• Demonic Angel

I am an ardent supporter of change when it improves things for the masses, but imo all this has succeeded in doing is making things harder to find in busy forums such as the Yaris and Corolla sections.

They go on about the alienation that the sub forums caused as the TS sections were seen as prestigious or something like that, but a sub forum is exactly that - a child forum belonging to a main parent. There is (again imo) no prestige attached to sub forums.

I'd also like to hold up Smoftah as a poster child for the TS forums as he seemingly spends more of his time posting in the CTS section than the main Corolla one - and he drives a diesel. If he felt alienated in any way I am sure he would stop posting in there. In fact when he double posted the same thread about his new compressor bumper in both the main and CTS forums, he got a much larger response from the CTS section.

Well said :thumbsup:

I fail to see what all the fuss is about, ok, so you have to spend abit more time searching for something, use the search facility that's what it's there for.

The forum is hard to navigate now the posts are not in sub forums.....so you learn to adapt...it wont kill you. You should try navigating through posts in IMOC.....now that's confusing!!! but do you hear me whining about it.....no you don't.

I just get on with it! It really isn't all that hard.

Or are people up in arms because the change just happened and no one was consulted about it? Mebbe this is a trial run? I really don't know.

But give yourself a chance to get used to it!

I fail to see what all the fuss is about, ok, so you have to spend abit more time searching for something, use the search facility that's what it's there for.

The forum is hard to navigate now the posts are not in sub forums.....so you learn to adapt...it wont kill you. You should try navigating through posts in IMOC.....now that's confusing!!! but do you hear me whining about it.....no you don't.

I just get on with it?

Or are people up in arms because the change just happened and no one was consulted about it? Mebbe this is a trial run? I really don't know.

But give yourself a chance to get used to it!

The lack of communication displays no community spirit and i think all will agree (regular TS posters) that the fact it wasn't broken meant it didn't need fixing.

We will adapt or stop visiting the site.

Adapt or leave.....those are the choices!

And just because it wasn't broken, doesn't mean it cant try to be improved. -_-

Adapt or leave.....those are the choices!

the second of the two choices appears to be the favoured one by many at the moment.

Personally I think that it would have been nice to ask the members... (no one said you had to actually listen to them.. but asking is always nice)...

But change will happen..

why do you think there are so many more model specific forums out there??

If I'm looking for MR2 help I dont generally come on here lol... I go to the peeps on the OC... in the correct area... TOC is just too generic... always has been and this move suggests it always will be

It's a shame as the T Sport section was always quite lively.

It won't be worth coming to TOC for help if members move on to other sites like ts owners or corolla club uk

:(

i think a lot of people arent seeing the advantages?

there are some very knowledgeable none 2zz owners and if we are all in the same forum you have a chance of getting better quility info. tbh there are far more peeps in the know when it comes to cars in the corolla forum compared to the t sport forum.

it would have been polite to be informed prior to the changes being a paying member - in fact i find it disrespectful and very unproffessional and maybe shows us what the mods think of there members?

if you dont support TOC then you have no right to complain as you get a valuable service GRATIS. if you want to influence things stick your hand in your pocket and pay.

as for toyotaownersclub.com - pretty sh1te me thinks.

ps. i think some peeps should pick up there dummy!

in fact i find it disrespectful and very unproffessional and maybe shows us what the mods think of there members?

We found out the same time as everyone else mate !

in fact i find it disrespectful and very unproffessional and maybe shows us what the mods think of there members?

What does management think of their mods :eek::lol:

i apologise - my mistake. i thought the mods had made the decision.

does seem to have upset some peeps far more than it should - cant really see all the fuss. at the end of the day its only a forum - not the be-all, but maybe to some sad so n so's it obviously is?

all of this "if i cant get my own way then i'm not playing" mentality could improve the forum no end - those who use it as a source of opinion and information will still use the forum, those who tend to use it socially dont tend to know that much anyway - might have less useless posts and constant repitition.

The biggest point is...nobody (with exceptions of some ppl) has time to read through all threads which is why a T-Sport thread is so vital for key users!

This is a joke, big joke!

:censor:

I note that a thread earlier talking about 2 other sites was removed completely.

TOC gets changed, people don't like it, alternatives are removed without an explanation.

If you were confident your changes were for the best why remove links to other sites???

what on earth has happened to the T Sport forum ? :angry:

I think the question set by the original poster has become somewhat forgotten about.

So just what has happened to the sub-forum and why?

Perhaps the moderators can answer, and if they don't know, would they could find out?

I mysef am simply curious, and a reasonable response to the OPs question may placate some of those upset by the change... and as someone else mentioned, there is a lot of knowledge held here, collectively, wouldn't that be a great loss if some of those knowledgeable individuals were ultimately to leave?

Cheers.

I note that a thread earlier talking about 2 other sites was removed completely.

If you were confident your changes were for the best why remove links to other sites???

The links thread was removed because it breached terms and conditions. Mainly blatantly soliciting membership for other forums - and that the forum in question didn't have a link back to TOC.

You could read the terms and conditions if you want to verify this fact.

The originator of the thread was PMd by a moderator explaining all of this.

What does management think of their mods :eek::lol:

I asked the management to comment on the changes on another thread as yet we have not heard anything from them

there are so many threads on this i cannot keep up

one comment was made here:http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=85588&hl=

Just spoted the post :thumbsup:

The links thread was removed because it breached terms and conditions. Mainly blatantly soliciting membership for other forums - and that the forum in question didn't have a link back to TOC.

You could read the terms and conditions if you want to verify this fact.

The originator of the thread was PMd by a moderator explaining all of this.

There is actually a link on t s owners back to TOC at this moment in time.

TOC gets changed, people don't like it, alternatives are removed without an explanation.

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=84411

The reason why I joined this forum was because of the T Sport thread and now that its not there, I thank everyone for all the good info and hope to see you guys elsewhere.

I would give you some pointers as to where other members have gone but fear i would be banned for doing so

:(

This is what happened on the TOC Australia for the 2ZZ Corollas and now they just opened there private forum..

owf.freeforums.org

I don't have a T-Sport but will throw my view into the pot anyway.

I think, before we get too judgemental, it would be useful to know why the decision was made. That, to me, is the biggest initial transgression given that you would expect the forum to be there for users and ought, therefore, to be tailored to their needs. But, as I say, a publicly provided reason would have been nice as part of normal customer feedback. Views then would be better informed (and may have meant less wasted time for frustrated members).

In practice I don't personally have a big axe to grind either way though it does mean that there will be some additional threads to scroll through that aren't relevant to me but I am not terribly fussed and will cope. It is of more concern to T-Sport owners and, to me anyway, is mainly an issue re lack of feedback/warning re the change per se.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links